+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Realistic TOP5 Big Board for GIANTS now that we know round abouts where we'll pick?

Now that we know were picking in the 9-14 range, give me ur top 5 most hopeful players that will be there for us, starting with the one you hope will be there most. Obviously Clowney, Barr, Bridegwater, and a handful of others probably won't be there. Hence "realistic" part of the thread. I'm intrested to see which players you guys are hoping for now and who u think will be available.

Heres my top 5 personal big board for Gmen, as of today. I believe were picking 11th as of right this second.

1). Mike Evans WR Texas A&M- This is my Best case scenario as most know. I'm huge fan of Mike Evans. This guys gonna dominate with his physicality, size, strength, blocking, redzone capabilities, speed..etc The giants need that big physical outside threat and Mike Evans is that. He reminds alot of Vincent Jackson.. I also think Alshon Jeffrey when i think of Mike Evans..

2).CJ Mosley OLB Bama- Im taking the safe route here. CJ Mosley dosne't have huge upside, nor is he a flashy player, but he plays both the run and the pass well, specailizing in the pass, and is very heady player, whos a 3down backer.. He's gonna come in and do his job and be a above avg LB in the NFL the next 10yrs.. Very little risk with this guy..

3).Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon- Good sized, fast, physical, corner, with some ball skills and fiestiness in the run game. Where do i sign up? Very athletic player. Definite NFL starter in my opinion.

4).Jason Verrett CB Tcu- Another corner i'm completely sold on is Verrett. This kids got bigtime ball skills, plays bigger then his size, and is lockdown cornerback. What he lacks in size, he makes up for with physical play and savy.

5).Marqise Lee WR Usc- Hes not big and physical like Evans, but he still can get behind a defense and is a really good route runner. A trio of Randle, Cruz, and Lee, is certainly intriguing blend of wr's. I just think hes to good to not be i n my top 5.

People worry about Evans plays coming when Manziel is running around and the play seems broken, just take a look at the first 2plays of Mike Evans VS ALABAMA.. He will eat up NFL db's on the outside one on one. If they double em, Cruz and Randle would be one on one..

Veteran
    Mosley isn't on my board. At all

You are going to pick up a good player picking in that range and I'm thinking Evans may not be a bad pick if they decide to jettison Nicks.

Think you need to think about a CB that can work across from Prince, and if you don't think Prince has what it takes his work against Megatron last Sunday is all you need to consider. Ekpre-Olomu or Verett are solid picks IMHO...

Finally, I'm thinking a LT, a good one could be had at this pick if you don't think Beatty will cut it in the future. Cyrus Kouandjio or Lewan may fit….

We also need some pass rush and if Mack is on the board I think it would be hard for us to bypass him as an OLB.

Happy Holidays…Chaos!!!!

my 5.. as of now

Mosley
    Watkins
    Evans
    Dennard
    Yankey (possible reach? trade back option)

I think Mack will be gone

Mosley
    Watkins
    Evans
    Mack
    Ekpre-Olumo

Would be happy with any one of those picks. As long as we don't got completely off the board I really don't think you can screw this up.

Honestly:

1-Richardson G/T (Although if we do pick him I hope we trade back a few spots and get some extra picks)
    2-Mosely LB
    3-Mack LB
    4-Dennard CB
    5-Yankey G (Again, trade back if possible for more picks)
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Finally, I'm thinking a LT, a good one could be had at this pick if you don't think Beatty will cut it in the future. Cyrus Kouandjio or Lewan may fit….

!!!!
    I dont think they go that route only because Pugh is our RT of the future (and maybe LT) and Beatty just got paid so he will be here a few more years at least. Interior OL is more of a need right now.
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I dont think they go that route only because Pugh is our RT of the future (and maybe LT) and Beatty just got paid so he will be here a few more years at least. Interior OL is more of a need right now.
    I agree.. this would be a good year for an LT.. but Beatty isn't going anywhere

Top 5
    1 Mosley
    2 Evans
    3 Lewan
    4 trade back Dennard or Shazior.