+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Beatty is here to stay and can still rebound. Let's not give up after 1 bad season.

Evans
    Dennard
    Mosley
    Kouandijo
    Gilbert or Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Evans
    Dennard
    Mosley
    Kouandijo
    Gilbert or Watkins
    I like this list.. Except for the LT, I'm not saying he's not good.. I just don't think it's an option

I just don't see Mosely happening. Reese seems to be content with our mediocre LB core and he hates drafting LB's in the 1st. I think Shazier is a fantastic option the 2nd, which allows us to actually grab an ELITE prospect, such as Watkins/Evans or Gilbert/Ekpre.
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Honestly:

1-Richardson G/T (Although if we do pick him I hope we trade back a few spots and get some extra picks)
    2-Mosely LB
    3-Mack LB
    4-Dennard CB
    5-Yankey G (Again, trade back if possible for more picks)
    This right here. Don't get fettered with wideouts and pass rushers when LB and interior OL are the biggest areas of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

If we stay at our pick I would want us to select one of the following
    Mack
    Mosley
    Dennard
    Watkins (I am starting to prefer him over Evans... He has really great hands and is fast as hell)
    ________
    If we cannot get one of them I would be all for trading back and getting a really solid OG like Yankey later in the first

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    This right here. Don't get fettered with wideouts and pass rushers when LB and interior OL are the biggest areas of need.
    Are WR Core has been about as boring as any in the NFL. Hakeem Nicks is all but gone, and Cruz is gonna end up with less then 1000yrds and Randle has kinda fell a bit flat to end the yr.. Are you seeing the scores in the NFL these days? No teams get shutout like the giants did at home against Seattle. Even bad teams are putting up 17-24 points it seems like. We need a bevy of weapons, not just 1. Of course we need defense as well, but defnese has been better then the offense this yr. The offense has been utterly putrid.

I don't want to be like Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and MIami, as teams that seem to draft olineman all the time, yet nothing changes with there line play. You can get a good Oline with a good Oline coach, which we have. Hence, why teams that had Rich Seubert(undrafted), O'Hara(undrafted), McKenzie(3rd rd), Diehl(5th rd), Boothe(undrafted), and others ended up winning the SB . To me, it'd be a waste pick if we go G or T in the 1st rd..

I seen a couple more mocks today that had Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois in the 1st rd. This kids got something. You watch him play, and you can see the strong arm, ability to move in the pocket, throw on the run, and alot of savy. I really like this kid alot. Most know, i think its time to heavily start looking for Eli's replacement, and if we were to be able to add picks and drop way down the 1st rd, i'd not be against taking a gamble on a player like Jimmy Garoppolo. I don't think many on these boards realize how much better are offense will look, if we added a QB who can move around the pocket, scramble a bit, and make athletic plays. It'll make are Oline look a heck of alot better, i'll tell ya that much.

All-Pro
    The pass rush is in just as bad of shape as the OL even though the defense was not that bad this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Are WR Core has been about as boring as any in the NFL. Hakeem Nicks is all but gone, and Cruz is gonna end up with less then 1000yrds and Randle has kinda fell a bit flat to end the yr.. Are you seeing the scores in the NFL these days? No teams get shutout like the giants did at home against Seattle. Even bad teams are putting up 17-24 points it seems like. We need a bevy of weapons, not just 1. Of course we need defense as well, but defnese has been better then the offense this yr. The offense has been utterly putrid.

I don't want to be like Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and MIami, as teams that seem to draft olineman all the time, yet nothing changes with there line play. You can get a good Oline with a good Oline coach, which we have. Hence, why teams that had Rich Seubert(undrafted), O'Hara(undrafted), McKenzie(3rd rd), Diehl(5th rd), Boothe(undrafted), and others ended up winning the SB . To me, it'd be a waste pick if we go G or T in the 1st rd..
    Top 5 scoring offenses in the NFL and their 1-3 round picks the last 5 years (WR or OL):

Denver- 5 OL - 3 WRs
    Philly- 2 OL - 1 WR
    Dallas- 3 OL - 2 WRs
    Chicago- 2 OL - 2 WRs
    New England- 2 OL - 3 WRs

And for a lot of these, the more impactful pick was the OL and not the WR. The Pats for example took 3 WRs, but none really had any impact. Chicago took Alson Jeffery, Dallas took Dez, Philly Took Maclin, Denver took D Thomas, but they all added more OLmen.

Giants- 2 OL - 5 WRs , and we just took Pugh this past year. Beatty is the other. We took Nicks and Randle as our 2 big WR picks.

Sometimes, you need to draft more OL to support your QB who gets the ball to your WRs. Having stud WRs dont buy Eli more time or help the OL.