+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

First 2 picks of the draft should be offensive linemen

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I don't care about best player available. What does nearly every playoff team this year have in common? An offensive line that is GOOD ENOUGH to make things happen. The giants defense played decent enough this year, the offense was just so horrible. Put wilson on the 49ers and he probably would have produced when healthy. Beef up the line and your team suddenly finds itself in position to win games and your defense gets most rest and momentum to work with

We need help on the interior of the OL and there isn't really a G/C talented enough to be selected at our range with the 1st pick. I can understand people wanting to go with an OT then but I don't see a franchise like the Giants giving up on Beatty a year after his contract or moving Pugh inside when he did admirable at RT. A 2nd round (still a top 50 draft prospect which is GOOD) pick for the interior would be welcome as if you recall, Snee was a 2nd round pick and ended up becoming one of the best Guards this franchise has seen.

As for the offensive line and playoffs comment, I see at least 3 of those teams that have offensive line issues on the same level as ours (Seahawks, Dolphins, Colts) but the difference is that they are getting good play from either the QB and/or DL spots to offset that problem. That isn't the case for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruest View Post
    NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I don't care about best player available. What does nearly every playoff team this year have in common? An offensive line that is GOOD ENOUGH to make things happen. The giants defense played decent enough this year, the offense was just so horrible. Put wilson on the 49ers and he probably would have produced when healthy. Beef up the line and your team suddenly finds itself in position to win games and your defense gets most rest and momentum to work with
    Well said and I agree with you 100 percent
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Sure.. But the Giants need interior linemen.. Is there one worth taking in the top 15?.. Do you take a OT in the 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Sure.. But the Giants need interior linemen.. Is there one worth taking in the top 15?.. Do you take a OT in the 1st?
    Fix the situation at RT first before an Interior O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasg2488 View Post
    Pugh?

We need to address the O Line in free agency first ....and then spent 2 of our first 3 picks on the O Line.
    With Snee and Deihl probably gone , Bass always injured , and countless other injuries ....we need genuine starters and depth on the O line otherwise 2014 will be equally as horrible as 2013. It is an absolute priority.
    Non Omnis Moriar

Veteran
    First pick needs to be a defensive playmaker. Round 2 and 3 need to be a interior offensive linemen

reese will go best available according the the giants board. which will look nothing like other teams or experts boards sadly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasg2488 View Post

?