+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

Embarrassing - Giants Are The Better Team

I've never been more embarrassed to come back and say "good game". The Falcons were out-classed in this game. 38 years as a fan of the Falcons. I'm getting tired of this feeling at the end of the season.

Best of luck to you all. Fire away.

Veteran

Re: Embarrassing - Giants Are The Better Team

No reason to rub it in. The game was enough im sure - nice of you to come back and wish us well.

The thing ive learnt in my 33 years as a fan is never get to high or to low. There are players there for sure. Always tough to lay an egg in the playoffs - we've been there before.

Bench Player

[quote user="dave56dj"]No reason to rub it in. The game was enough im sure - nice of you to come back and wish us well.

The thing ive learnt in my 33 years as a fan is never get to high or to low. There are players there for sure. Always tough to lay an egg in the playoffs - we've been there before.[/quote]

Thanks

[quote user="SoCalFalcon"][quote user="dave56dj"]No reason to rub it in. The game was enough im sure - nice of you to come back and wish us well.

The thing ive learnt in my 33 years as a fan is never get to high or to low. There are players there for sure. Always tough to lay an egg in the playoffs - we've been there before.[/quote]

Thanks
    [/quote]
    There you are! I made a post looking for you. Just busting your chops and it was made in good fun. You're always welcome here to come back and talk football whenever you want!

[quote user="SoCalFalcon"]I've never been more embarrassed to come back and say "good game". The Falcons were out-classed in this game. 38 years as a fan of the Falcons. I'm getting tired of this feeling at the end of the season.

[/quote]As much as I enjoyed the win as a Giants fan, the football fan in me really felt sorry for Matt Ryan on the sidelines. It's obvious that his team gave up once the score was 17-2. Really though, I place a lot of the blame for your loss on Mike Smith. The outcome and momentum of the game would of been much different had he just taken the 2 FG's. When you are on the road against a good team, you should take whatever points you can get to keep your tempo going.

All I can say is better luck next year man.

I don't think anyone has brought up this point, the last 2 Giant wins have been against teams who blasted TB the week before. These teams got fat and happy with victories over the Bay and may have thought they were better than they were.
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Nothing to be embarrassed about. To be honest you guys just happened to have some really bad timing. Giants have been building up a head of steam for a few weeks now and getting hot just at the right time. GB is about to find that out as well.[H]

[quote user="SoCalFalcon"]I've never been more embarrassed to come back and say "good game". The Falcons were out-classed in this game. 38 years as a fan of the Falcons. I'm getting tired of this feeling at the end of the season.

[/quote]Classy move to come back.

Ryan should be fine, but smith was horrible.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

All-Pro

[/quote]

Class act to come back on the boards... Don't get too down, your team is only getting better. Their time will come!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Don't beat yourself or your team up. Things are never as bad (or good) as they seem at the moment.
    No one remembers who came in second.