+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gilbride... finally playing to "win big"

I'm not huge fan of his, but this guy calls much better games when this team's back is against the wall. If you think back to the last Super Bowl run, he called a brilliant post season. And I think the difference in the success of his play calling is that yesterday he was playing to win big. And that's what we've seen the last few weeks.

Re: Gilbride... finally playing to "win big"

KG called a good game plan overall yesterday. It was not perfect, but better then recent games.

Biggest issue yesterday early on was not KG as it was the Offensive Line. Still hate Baas in the middle.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Passing on first down in the 4th quarter up by 2 scores.......I don't want to hear anyone saying conservative that's for sure!

I'm one of KG's supporters. Overall, he called a good game. There were a few calls that I didn't like. I think it made it especially hard to get things going in the first quarter. For example, he should know to try and slow down a playoff team defense that is pumped up and aggressive, by calling screens and quick throws early in the game.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

its amazing how all of the arm chair quarterbacks and OCs on this board rate Gilbrides performnace by saying..

"good game but not perfect".......

"most calls were good but not all"...

"this is what I would do".......

you guys make me laugh.......

thanks for the chuckles this morning.....

Go Big Blue.....ALL IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro

ha show me a tape of a game from any team where every play call and execution was perfect ... i'd love to see this

to me, the only imperfections i saw were a few dropped passes by Cruz and Ballard and some missed blocks early on ... absolutely nothing to do with KG ... unless u wanna say oh we should have been giving help vs. Abraham from the beginning, but remember he had missed some games, so how could we know he would be that good early

He stayed aggressive the whole game. It took a little while to get going but once they got into a rythm his game plan worked great.

[quote user="GameTime"]

its amazing how all of the arm chair quarterbacks and OCs on this board rate Gilbrides performnace by saying..

[/quote]

Not a big fan of KG But you are right about fans being arm chair QBs a lot of times we admit it or not get our insight AFTER a called play fails. Wish all our coaching staff had our 20-20 hind sight Before the play gets sent in.

[quote user="stormin normand"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote] Not a big fan of KG But you are right about fans being arm chair QBs a lot of times we admit it or not get our insight AFTER a called play fails. Wish all our coaching staff had our 20-20 hind sight Before the play gets sent in.[/quote]

Of course I ahve said stuff in the past as well and probably during yesterdays game too. But overall the guy makes the rigth calls most of the time. The offense has been one of the top offense while he has been here.

Every coordinator like every player has "their" style of game. KGs is what it s and when executed properly by ALL 11 offensive players it works and works well....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro

and i think this game should clear up the notion that KG only wants to chuck it ... with the line and the backs getting it done, we did run it

i've been a big KG defender and not because i think he is the greatest OC, but just b/c this board has been so brutal to him ... to me KG has a very basic approach and that is to take what the D gives and when you saw us throwing it late it was simply b/c A. he and Coughlin have the utmost confidence in their franchise QB and B. b/c Atlanta was playing 8 in the box to stop the run

oh one play just came to mind, we ran Ware on a 3rd and 7, which i'm sure made some moan, but it was def. an audible ... hard to say what the orig. call was, but you also have to always keep in mind that Eli changes many plays