+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eating a little crow, or big your call.

Great job by TC - But thats not my crow.

Crow for this-
    Been on KG most of the year, and I did feel this week it was a very good game plan call, but not perfect all game. It was a bit static early, but a bit of it was due to the horrible offensive line play.

Fewell - Been knocking him a bit, even towards the end of the season. Hats off to a great game. The jury is still out, but its starting to look good/better.

I have to say that I was on him because of the talent we had, and we were not producing.

Remember we always had 1-2 healthy defensive ends in JPP and Kiwi, with Osi and Tuck switching out at times.

Our secondary has Web who is a very good/great DB. Ross is a decent to solid 2nd DB, and then we have KP a first rounder and Rolle another first rounder. Yet they played bad. I felt he should of had more confidence in his guys up front, and let the lbs grow during the season, instead of trying to cover for them, and then have the still get burned, and have the 2ndry get burned as well.

I also felt our LBS were ok at best. Kiwi really picked it up, and I understand he needed time to adjust once again. But Boley was our best LB, and I do understand it hurt us when he was lost and pointed it out.

I just felt with the talent we had in most spots, we really shouldn't have struggled as much as we did. Or maybe the players were just half assing it?
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

All-Pro

Re: Eating a little crow, or big your call.

well Tuck has pretty much admitted that he was mentally and physically out of it for part of the season and when your leader on D is basically going thru the motions, well it is going to have a bad affect on the entire unit

as far as the O, they weren't getting it done run blocking ... i would say it was chemistry and I would also give a big thank you to Kevin Boothe, not just for stepping in when Beatty got hurt, but for upgrading our play at LG (Diehl wasn't getting it done there) and to Diehl's credit ... he upgraded our play at LT

All-Pro

Sorry, but a handful of games doesn't make up for consistent ineptitude.

Fewell is still horrible. He definitely needs to go. TC while still a good coach, his better days are behind him. I'm not saying we fire TC, but I have no issues with us replacing him with another qualified coach. KG is not optimal.

But first things first. Fewell needs to go.

[quote user="gumby742"]

Fewell is still horrible. He definitely needs to go. TC while still a good coach, his better days are behind him. I'm not saying we fire TC, but I have no issues with us replacing him with another qualified coach. KG is not optimal.

[/quote]

OK, I'll bite . . . . Well what coach do you want to replace TC with?

Also, this seems like a very strange time for a "Fewellneeds togo" post . . . . .

was it a couple weeks ago that someone calling the game (aikman i think) mentioned that the giants have had 5 different guys wearing the radio helmut on defense.

Fewell has had his issues, but the strength of this team hasn't been healthy (d line) and the rest has been kinda cobbled together (Kiwi at LBer, blackburn signed off the street, prince is the nickle with only the last few weeks to get accustomed to the NFL, not even a training camp).

As usual, i think fans underestimate what this coaching staff has done.

and a 2nd as usual, someone of TC's tenure and accomplishment means if you want to fire one of his coordinators, you need to fire him. he's earned the right to pick who he wants to work with.

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="gumby742"]

[/quote]

Also, this seems like a very strange time for a "Fewellneeds togo" post . . . . .

[/quote]

No idea. But I'm not against replacing him with a proven name. Pat Riley said it best a while back. Something along the lines of "You can be a great coach and lead your team to success, but at some point you have to realize you're only holding your team back from further greatness because they start to tune you out after a while."

It is what it is. I'm not going to purposely go out and be a buzzkill, but I'm also not going to waver from my stance because I'm on a playoff high. What i look for is consistency. Fewell still needs to go. Every defense has injuries, but with our talent level, being almost the worst defense in the league is inexcusable.

All-Pro

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

was it a couple weeks ago that someone calling the game (aikman i think) mentioned that the giants have had 5 different guys wearing the radio helmut on defense.

Fewell has had his issues, but the strength of this team hasn't been healthy (d line) and the rest has been kinda cobbled together (Kiwi at LBer, blackburn signed off the street, prince is the nickle with only the last few weeks to get accustomed to the NFL, not even a training camp).

As usual, i think fans underestimate what this coaching staff has done.

and a 2nd as usual, someone of TC's tenure and accomplishment means if you want to fire one of his coordinators, you need to fire him. he's earned the right to pick who he wants to work with.

[/quote]

I'm curious CDN, do you still think ill of Jerry Reese?

the Lions havent won a playoff game since 1957....

most youarmchair QBs, DCs, OCs, and HCs werent even born or werent fans yet...

The Lions have won four NFL Championships, the last in 1957, giving the club the second-longest NFL championship drought behind the Arizona Cardinals. The Lions are one of four current NFL teams that have yet to qualify for the Super Bowl. The 2008 team became the only team in NFL history to lose all 16 regular season games since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978.

just sayin'.....

no prob with any body having their own opinions at all but lets keep things in perspective. The Giants org is one the tops in the league and as fans we are lucky that we only have to go back to 2007 for out last SB win or playoffs wins since yetserday...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="gumby742"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="gumby742"]

Sorry, but a handful of games doesn't make up for consistent ineptitude.*

Fewell is still horrible.* He definitely needs to go.* TC while still a good coach, his better days are behind him.* I'm not saying we fire TC, but I have no issues with us replacing him with another qualified coach.* KG is not optimal.

But first things first.* Fewell needs to go.

[/quote]

Also, this seems like a very strange time for a "Fewell*needs to*go" post . . . . .

[/quote]

No idea.* But I'm not against replacing him with a proven name. Pat Riley said it best a while back.* Something along the lines of "You can be a great coach and lead your team to success, but at some point you have to realize you're only holding your team back from further greatness because they start to tune you out after a while."

It is what it is.* I'm not going to purposely go out and be a buzzkill, but I'm also not going to waver from my stance because I'm on a playoff high.* What i look for is consistency.* Fewell still needs to go.* Every defense has injuries, but with our talent level, being almost the worst defense in the league is inexcusable.

[/quote]The only consistency you get with Coughlin is the inconsistency this team has shown under him. A true Jekyll and Hyde team. The disturbing fact is that this team has a lot of talent at both sides of the ball and it needs maybe a few key players to complete the puzzle. If we had 2 speedy LB's and 2 good Olinemen, this team would have been unbeatable. However, you also need to have a system at place to take advantage of this talent. If you look at GB, they have system in place that allows Rodgers to be who he is. The Giants under Coughlin and Killdrive have no system whatsoever. They are very predictable and they do not have a variety of plays. If you just count the offensive plays, they are about 5 or 6 that they call at certain situations without fail. Why do you think we have trouble scoring from inside the 20 or 10 yard line? No misdirection, no play action, no imagination. Having the last defense in the NFL speaks volumes as to whether Fewell stays of goes. No matter how bad the Giants were in the past, the 2 things you can counted to be consistently there were the running game and a good defense that was never last in the NFL.

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="gumby742"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="gumby742"]

Sorry, but a handful of games doesn't make up for consistent ineptitude.*

Fewell is still horrible.* He definitely needs to go.* TC while still a good coach, his better days are behind him.* I'm not saying we fire TC, but I have no issues with us replacing him with another qualified coach.* KG is not optimal.

But first things first.* Fewell needs to go.

[/quote]

Also, this seems like a very strange time for a "Fewell*needs to*go" post . . . . .

[/quote]

No idea.* But I'm not against replacing him with a proven name. Pat Riley said it best a while back.* Something along the lines of "You can be a great coach and lead your team to success, but at some point you have to realize you're only holding your team back from further greatness because they start to tune you out after a while."

It is what it is.* I'm not going to purposely go out and be a buzzkill, but I'm also not going to waver from my stance because I'm on a playoff high.* What i look for is consistency.* Fewell still needs to go.* Every defense has injuries, but with our talent level, being almost the worst defense in the league is inexcusable.

[/quote]The only consistency you get with Coughlin is the inconsistency this team has shown under him. A true Jekyll and Hyde team. The disturbing fact is that this team has a lot of talent at both sides of the ball and it needs maybe a few key players to complete the puzzle. If we had 2 speedy LB's and 2 good Olinemen, this team would have been unbeatable. However, you also need to have a system at place to take advantage of this talent. If you look at GB, they have system in place that allows Rodgers to be who he is. The Giants under Coughlin and Killdrive have no system whatsoever. They are very predictable and they do not have a variety of plays. If you just count the offensive plays, they are about 5 or 6 that they call at certain situations without fail. Why do you think we have trouble scoring from inside the 20 or 10 yard line? No misdirection, no play action, no imagination. Having the last defense in the NFL speaks volumes as to whether Fewell stays of goes. No matter how bad the Giants were in the past, the 2 things you can counted to be consistently there were the running game and a good defense that was never last in the NFL.[/quote]

at last , a realist.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders