+ Reply to Thread

Peyton May Have Record Stripped

http://nesn.com/2013/12/peyton-manni...short-of-mark/

You guys see this? One of his passes to Decker may be ruled a lateral making him 6 yards shy of the record. The GIF in the article certainly makes it seem like a lateral…

What do you guys think?

I think Peyton cares about winning the Superbowl more, but he can always chase it again next season if he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    I think Peyton cares about winning the Superbowl more, but he can always chase it again next season if he wants.
    For sure, but I bet he cares about that record, too. Remember when Jim Caldwell sat him instead of letting him try for an undefeated season? Peyton was pissed.

I think the undefeated season was a lot more important than the yardage record. I feel passing records are overrated in this day and age anyway. But I would be pissed if we just threw away an undefeated season.

All-Pro
    Of course the NFL looks into **** like this instead of their awful officiating and stupid rule changes that are turning the game into the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    For sure, but I bet he cares about that record, too. Remember when Jim Caldwell sat him instead of letting him try for an undefeated season? Peyton was pissed.
    That was against the Jets at Indy. I remember that. I think Peyton got pulled during halftime with the lead and then Painter came in for the second half. Jets defense took over and the Jets with Sanchez at QB won the game.

Single season passing yards record will stand. Congrats to Peyton!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...e-record-stand

Veteran
    It was clearly a lateral but no need to nit pick it. QBs probably have dozens a year that are close and get called a forward pass. Only reason this came under the microscope is because it was his last pass