+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Me too.. I'm officially on the band wagon.. Might have to change my sig mock below, sick of these stop gap TEs
    I hear ya. It's been "musical TE's" since Kevin Boss. Would love to lock in a stud for 4+ years.

Sig mock.. Changed

Sig mock.. Changed
    Can ebron block

Quote Originally Posted by King Sully View Post
    Can ebron block
    ??? From what I've read, he's more of a pass catcher. Not a lot of mention of his blocking skills.

He's not there yet, but he's sure athletic enough to become a good one.. I've seen him lay people out

Quote Originally Posted by DISRUPTER View Post
    ??? From what I've read, he's more of a pass catcher. Not a lot of mention of his blocking skills.
    Yeah I was just curious cause I couldn't find info on that, but I do love his skill set as a reciever

Veteran
    Interesting all this talk about drafting a TE.

I just spent some time on YouTube (while watching the NFC championship game) watching videos of the top TE prospects (Ebron, Seferian-Jenkins, and Amaro) and my opinions:

Ebron: Most athletic of the bunch; like a big fast WR with quickness and speed. One highlight he showed big time speed outrunning the secondary on an intermediate reception. Didn't look all that big which probably means he's an average blocker.

Seferian-Jenkins: Tall and rangy athletic guy; looks vaguely like Jimmy Graham physique wise. Doesn't have that top end speed like Ebron, looks pretty physical (well looks like he can be with that size).

Amaro: Looks to have the most natural receiving skills (though not sure if that Texas Tech system skews this perception). Kind of a mix between Ebron and Seferian-Jenkins; skill and physique wise.

I also watched some video on C.J. Fiedorowicz and this is one big TE. Doesn't look all that quick or fast but has nice soft hands. A lot of his highlights are him just using his height and catching seam passes (I worry about him on the seam passes considering Eli throws those seam passes high a lot).

UNC used Ebron as a 3rd down pass rusher sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    UNC used Ebron as a 3rd down pass rusher sometimes
    yea.. I've read that also..

yea.. I've read that also..
    Yeah in my cut up I did of him over the summer vs NC state he had some pass rush snaps