+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

"Eat Salad" Audible

Did anyone else hear Eli screaming "eat salad" as he was calling an audible in the first quarter yesterday?

Maybe we've finally replaced "Omaha"....

Re: "Eat Salad" Audible

I didn't hear that, but I think I heard "Ringo" quite a few times. Makes me happy as a huge Beatles fan.

Starter

Listening from the TV I did hear "Omaha" quite a few times. But Eli was using "Omaha" once (instead of repeatedly) and right before the snap.

[quote user="u2good"]Listening from the TV I did hear "Omaha" quite a few times. But Eli was using "Omaha" once (instead of repeatedly) and right before the snap.[/quote]

He was asked on WFAN last week what Omaha means, he said it's different in every game, and it's actually specific to each play, and wouldn't say what it means. He said it's a secret.

So if he wont say what it means, we'll never really know. It has to do with cadence, but we dont know what specifically.

All-Pro

I heard it. Eat Salad? I was like "Did he just say Eat Salad?" WTF? Im sure he said something else but it sounded like Eat Salad. Glad someone else heard it.

Omaha is not an audible so much as it is a quick snap call. we were doing ok with getting the calls in so it wasn't used as much yesterday

All-Pro

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]I didn't hear that, but I think I heard "Ringo" quite a few times.* Makes me happy as a huge Beatles fan.[/quote]

haha, i thought it was Rico .... Rico, Rico, Rico, but then he did throw in an Omaha before the ball was snapped

the Omaha tourism board should write us a nice check or, at the very least, provide some corn on the cob for our Super Bowl BBQ this summer

Or better yet, omaha steak company, haha

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]I didn't hear that, but I think I heard "Ringo" quite a few times. Makes me happy as a huge Beatles fan.[/quote]

Hah!!! I remember talking back to the TV..."I don't know what Ringo is, but I hope it works".

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

And evidentally "Omaha", according to Collingsworth, is a call made when the clock is ticking down.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi