+ Reply to Thread

My first Mock of the year

This is my first mock this year tell me what you fellow Giants fans think!!!

1st round-Sammy Watkins, Wide Reciever, Clemson (6-1 205 lbs)Watkins looks like an ideal fit as an X (split end) receiver who challenges teams vertically. He can stretch the defense and command double-teams over the top to prevent him from burning cornerbacks. Teams seem afraid to play bump-and-run with Watkins because of his quickness to separate. While Watkins is a burner receiver, he isn't undersized. Standing over six feet and weighing 200 pounds, he has good size for the type of receiver that he is.Watkins has the potential for the NFL to be a game-breaking receiver and the No. 1 target in a downfield passing attack. There is no doubt that Watkins has the speed and athletic ability to be a play-maker in the league.

2nd round-Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Tight End, Washington- (6-6 266 lbs) Broad-shouldered, long-armed mismatch in the passing game with rare body control and soft hands for a man of his size. Good initial quickness off the snap and possesses very long arms and strong hands to get a clean release off the line of scrimmage.Reliable route-runner. Finds holes in the defense and settles, presenting a massive target to his quarterback. Catches the ball with defenders in close proximity due to his size advantage, as well as concentration and toughness to hang on while absorbing a hit. Impressive flexibility and body control for a man of his size. Adjusts well to the ball, showing the range to leap high or bend low, exhibiting an impressive catch radius. Smooth accelerator with at least fair top-end speed.

3rd round-Loucheiz Purifoy, Cornerback, Florida(6-0 190 lbs) Purifoy has rare speed for a large cornerback. He can run with speed receivers down the field and isn't threatened by smaller fast wide outs who try to get over the top. Purifoy can battle the big receivers and won't be bullied around. He also showed nice fundamentals as a first-year starter. Purifoy didn't gamble on routes and was disciplined.

4th round-Weston Richburg, Center, Colorado state- (6-4 300 lbs) Richburg’s combination of athleticism and power are impressive. He demonstrates range and good hand use with a mean streak and looks to dominate opponents. Richburg is listed at 6’4” 300lbs with a relatively ordinary looking build, which is misleading. He has impressive functional strength combined with the fact he is light on his feet with speed and agility. Richburg also appears to have good arm length combined with his long frame so he has pretty good reach. His motor never stops and he plays through to the echo of the whistle. Richburg still appears to have room on his frame to get stronger without losing any of the athleticism that makes him stand out as a player.

5th round-Gabe Jackson-Guard,Mississippi State, (6-3 340 lbs) Demonstrates not only the raw power expected of a man of his size but also surprisingly nimble feet and balance while in pass protection, to mirror quick rushers. Jackson plays with excellent knee bend and has long arms, which help him stay square and in control of his opponent in pass pro. He's a powerful drive blocker who uses his natural leverage advantage well, showing good leg drive to push defenders off the ball. Despite his girth, Jackson shows good lateral agility and balance to find fits at the second level.

6th round-Jonathan Brown, OLB, Illinois, (6-1 230 lbs) Brown sports a stout frame with long arms and a thick lower half. He is quick to attack the line of scrimmage, showing impressive burst to make plays in the hole and the willingness to take blockers head-on. Brown has good speed to the flanks and pursues with passion, showing the ability to track and drag down ballcarriers from behind as well as the light feet and balance to drop into coverage. He shows a physical bull rush and good determination when after the quarterback and closes with a thump when he has an open lane.

Starter
    Those are my exact first three picks too http://boards.giants.com/showthread....Christmas-Mock

love the mock.

I'd be thrilled with this. Not sure how the WR situation will play itself out with two slot guys so a good outside guy would be useful. Love the TE in round 2. Also love the multiple linemen.

Only thing is that I've seen Gabe Jackson mocked in the second in a lot of places. I doubt he'd be there in the fifth

Great Mock..! I'd be absolutely pumped if this was our draft.. The only issue I have is Jackson in the 5th, don't think he'll still be there.. But you never know

Thanks everyone for the responses I just started doing research on Jackson and really like his ability. The few mocks I seen had him in the 4th round i was hoping for a small slide.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluecrew21 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses I just started doing research on Jackson and really like his ability. The few mocks I seen had him in the 4th round i was hoping for a small slide.
    I'd really like Seferian-Jenkins in round 2. That would be awesome. I also like the center a little bit too

I really like Richburg a lot I think he has a very bright future in this league, I just hope it's with the G-MEN!!!!

I really like it but I don't think Jackson will be there in the 5th. Other than that I think it is solid all around!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig