+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darce early mock with basic mock offseason

Darce early mock with basic mock offseason

Cut/let walk in free agency: Nicks, Linval, Meyers, Snee, Webster, diehl, Maybe Kiwi even though savings are minimal, maybe baas as well depending on savings.

Re-sign:
    Tuck (2 year deal), Beason (fair deal), Andre brown (1 year vet min), Trumaine McBride CB, Stevie brown (1 year vet min), Patterson DT (1 year deal)

Free agent signings:
    Alex Mack or Brian De La Puente, Center: this will be our big signing. Solidifying the middle of the O-line for the next 4 years.

Mid-level guard: maybe a Matt Slauson type, have to check whose available.

Cheap solid TE: Scott Chandler of buffalo maybe.

Veteran #2/3 CB

Veteran LB for depth: kick the tires on Daryl Smith, Karlos Dansby. Due to age neither guy will command much.

Luxury signing: Maurice Jones-Drew RB (about 4 mil per on a 3 year deal, I don't think the market will be as high for him as some think, since he is almost 30. Any more than this and I'd be hesitant to look into it further). Love him as a check down option for Eli and he still has ability as a runner.
    Wilson and brown will be rotated in to keep everyone healthy.

Draft:
    Round 1: Mike Evans WR: 6'5, 225:

I prefer Sammy Watkins but in this mock I have Detroit taking him at 10. Evans is a Vincent Jackson clone in a lot of peoples eyes. Good speed for a guy his size and would really amp up our WR core with him, Cruz, Randle, and the emergence of Jernigan. Hopefully we find a way to utilize all these guys. I especially want to see some creative ways to get Jernigan out there.

Round 2: Ryan Shazier LB:

pairing him with Beason will solidify the LB core. Great athleticism, coverage potential, may need to add a few pounds in the pros.

Round 3: best interior O-linemen available
    Round 4: CB or TE

Wasn't able to add a pass rusher. So hopefully JPP returns to form and Damontre Moore makes an improvement.

Oline is much improved: Beatty, (3rd rounder/Mosley/brewer/baas/low cost FA battle it out), Alex Mack, Slauson, Pugh
    Skill players are improved with Mike Evans, Jernigan's emergence, and MJD.
    CB depth may be an issue. Hopefully Jayron can develop some more, flashed a little this year.

My biggest question is, what can we do with Baas? We cant have 2 high paid centers.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    My biggest question is, what can we do with Baas? We cant have 2 high paid centers.
    play em at guard..

I really think Baas should be a starting guard next year and sign a center. Too important a position to have an injured player.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    June 1st cut.

Highly unrealistic to expect to sign andre brown to a vet minimum

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Same with Stevie. Can't see him accepting a vet min deal when other teams will look at his 2012 season

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    I would bet they sign for not much more than vet minimum. With the injuries both Browns have had they dont have much value.

I would guess somewhere around 1-1.5 mil on a one year deal.

your OL is poor at best. brewer was awful and mosely just a step above that. Bass is way over paid and injury prone. I like the FA pick ups but draft wise we need to go OL in first round.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    your OL is poor at best. brewer was awful and mosely just a step above that. Bass is way over paid and injury prone. I like the FA pick ups but draft wise we need to go OL in first round.
    You're commenting like those 3 are my starters... Don't need all pros at every position to field a good oline and it would be impossible to have the resources to do so anyway. Adding a probowl caliber center and an above average guard will make our line good.

The last spot can be battled out with a 3rd round pick, and some of the guys we have. Baas I would actually cut since I heard slip say if he's cut before June 1st we save even more money.
    Last edited by DarceChoke; 01-02-2014 at 01:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread