+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1). Pass Rush- Including not only end, but a pass rushing 4/3 DT.
    2). WR- Pref , a big physical WR who can get downfield and be used as a primary redzone weapon.
    3). CB
    4). TE- We need a beast pass catching TE who can block
    5). RB/Interior oline

I still get surprised by all the people who constantly say pass rush. It wasn't the best last year, but JPP will be healthy and Moore will actually be on the field since he wont be a rookie anymore. I think our pass rush will be improved by a LB that can cover tight ends. Teams schemed against us in 2012 by doing lots of slants to TE and slot receiver. The cowboys in particular do a fake max protect with 2 tight ends on either side, one will release and the other will block. The middle of the field is wide open and so they get the ball out quickly before our 4-man rush can get home. Shutting down the guaranteed play over the middle, combined with our existing pass rushers getting ready to play, solves our pass rush problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I still get surprised by all the people who constantly say pass rush. It wasn't the best last year, but JPP will be healthy and Moore will actually be on the field since he wont be a rookie anymore. I think our pass rush will be improved by a LB that can cover tight ends. Teams schemed against us in 2012 by doing lots of slants to TE and slot receiver. The cowboys in particular do a fake max protect with 2 tight ends on either side, one will release and the other will block. The middle of the field is wide open and so they get the ball out quickly before our 4-man rush can get home. Shutting down the guaranteed play over the middle, combined with our existing pass rushers getting ready to play, solves our pass rush problem...
    That solves two games. What about games like carolina, KC, chicago, philly early on where we gave up 30+ points? Let mediocre passing QBs like alex smith and cam newton (yes they have a mediocre passing game) walk all over us. We need another pass rusher end of

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Tuck had almost half the sacks for our team and is a FA.. JPP has been injury prone and hasen't played at a All pro level in a couple yrs. Damontre Moore has a ways to go before being considered anything yet.. This team more tehn anything, needs at least one more edge rusher, and they def need a young pass rushing DT to pair with Big Hank going forward. I don't know how you can argue we dont need more pass rushers?