+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BB Mock draft

Unless LB Anthony Barr is there at 12 I'd take the best OL available. That is our biggest weakness right now.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Mosley would disappoint me.
    elaborate---what is it that you don't like about him? You think is not suited for certain schemes? overhyped because he played at Bama?

I agree with others that the Giants need to address the LB position. Mack, Barr and Mosley seem to be the top LBs mentioned by posters. Personally I like Shazier from Ohio St, but maybe not at the #12 spot.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    elaborate---what is it that you don't like about him? You think is not suited for certain schemes? overhyped because he played at Bama?

I agree with others that the Giants need to address the LB position. Mack, Barr and Mosley seem to be the top LBs mentioned by posters. Personally I like Shazier from Ohio St, but maybe not at the #12 spot.

I just don't think a non pass rushing LB is very valuable in the first round especially top 15. Not unless they are a rare player, like a Kuechly or Willis. Mosley is a good player, but in my opinion he's a late first or early 2nd round type.

Mack to me is similar. He could be worth a top 15 pick if you think his skill set translates into a pass rusher on third downs. If his skill set takes him off the field on passing downs then he isn't a first rounder, IMO

I've said many times that Shazier is my favorite player in this draft. But he's a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I just don't think a non pass rushing LB is very valuable in the first round especially top 15. Not unless they are a rare player, like a Kuechly or Willis. Mosley is a good player, but in my opinion he's a late first or early 2nd round type.

Mack to me is similar. He could be worth a top 15 pick if you think his skill set translates into a pass rusher on third downs. If his skill set takes him off the field on passing downs then he isn't a first rounder, IMO

I've said many times that Shazier is my favorite player in this draft. But he's a 2nd rounder.
    fair enough---thanks

Do you think Shazier is available when the Giants draft in the 2nd rd? I have the same liken for Shazier this year that I had for Arthur Brown last year.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Only defensive positions worth a 1st rd pick is CB (dennard from mich st) or a DE/pass rushing LB
    Not true. Louis Nix will be excellent, and well worth a 1st round pick (though possibly not for us).

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    fair enough---thanks

Do you think Shazier is available when the Giants draft in the 2nd rd? I have the same liken for Shazier this year that I had for Arthur Brown last year.
    I hope so. He's the kind of player you never really know where he will go. Lavonte david was a similar type of guy.

Those weakside LB types generally fall further than people expect.

The bigger question to me is would the giants even draft him in the 2nd if he is there?

Mosley is one of the main guys I want.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Bench Player
    I would be happy with Mosley/Mack/Barr if they don't go with lb. I hope they go OL.
    Been lurking for years.....