+ Reply to Thread

What REALLY happened..

..on that play at the end of the 2nd quarter with the horrible spot.

No one did their job.

Why wasn't there a booth review when the play clearly picked upo a first down?

Why didn't Eli ask for a measurement since even with the horrible spot it still might have been a first down?

Why did they run a play that was not designed to pick up a first down?

I think I have an answer. I think Eli assumed that it WAS a first down. (because it was) I think the guy in the booth assumed it was a first down.(because it was) No one realized or even could have believed that the refs on the field could make such a horrific error. And before anyone realized it, they ran the next play.

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Does anyone else have a different view?

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Re: What REALLY happened..

[quote user="Morehead State"]

No one did their job.

Why didn't Eli ask for a measurement since even with the horrible spot it still might have been a first down?

I think I have an answer. I think Eli assumed that it WAS a first down. (because it was) I think the guy in the booth assumed it was a first down.(because it was) No one realized or even could have believed that the refs on the field could make such a horrific error. And before anyone realized it, they ran the next play.

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Does anyone else have a different view?

[/quote]

I read in this mornings Post that Eli said he got fooled and thought it was a first down.

Looked like a first down from my TV but those mistakes can't happen next time. Seems like a 1 in 100 chance

Veteran

[quote user="Morehead State"]

No one did their job.*

Why wasn't there a booth review when the play clearly picked upo a first down?*

Why didn't Eli ask for a measurement since even with the horrible spot it still might have been a first down?*

I think I have an answer.* I think Eli assumed that it WAS a first down.* (because it was)* *I think the guy in the booth assumed it was a first down.*(because it was) *No one realized or even could have believed that the refs on the field could make such a horrific error.* And before anyone realized it, they ran the next play.

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.* Does anyone else have a different view?

[/quote]Eli and TC already discussed this, as did Mike P. Read the transcripts, or watch the videos.

[quote user="Itlan"][quote user="Morehead State"]

No one did their job.

[/quote]Eli and TC already discussed this, as did Mike P. Read the transcripts, or watch the videos.[/quote]

What did they say? And what was the NFL's excuse as to why there was no booth review?

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

the whole game looked to me that we had 2nd string officials making the calls and thats a shame because teams work really hard to get into the playoffs and then get screwed over by low talent officiating and thats on the league as far as I'm concerned...

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Itlan"][quote user="Morehead State"]

No one did their job.

[/quote]Eli and TC already discussed this, as did Mike P. Read the transcripts, or watch the videos.[/quote]

What did they say? And what was the NFL's excuse as to why there was no booth review?

[/quote]

I'd imagine the booth didn't review it because they didn't quite have time. Eli got up to the line and got that play off pretty quickly.

The spotting in this game was pretty poor, especially for the playoffs.

[quote user="JesseJames"]the whole game looked to me that we had 2nd string officials making the calls and thats a shame because teams work really hard to get into the playoffs and then get screwed over by low talent officiating and thats on the league as far as I'm concerned...[/quote]

I agree, this season has been horrid in respect to the refs. Look at the calling of the fumble and inadvertent whistle in the Saints - Lions game.