+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COWHER MET W/ REDSKINS, OR NOT

COWHER MET W/ REDSKINS, OR NOT

According to Giants 101 on FB.

i hope they sign him
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I see that one overrated and retired coach ultimately resulting in failure wasn't enough. Anyway, this probably won't happen unless Bruce Allen steps aside.

I'd be shocked if Cowher took the job w/ the Skins. He wouldn't put up with Snyder anymore than he would put up with Jerry Jones.

The report is actually that they haven't met….

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-bill-cowher/

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I'd be shocked if Cowher took the job w/ the Skins. He wouldn't put up with Snyder anymore than he would put up with Jerry Jones.
    that was my thought exactly snyder is too much of an egomaniac to deal with
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

I actually wanted Cowher as T.C.'s replacement when he decided to leave. People say he's been gone too long, but Vermeil was gone way longer and he came back to win a SB. People say he's old, yet guys like our coach, Carroll, and Belichick are older. The last excuse is well in 15 years he only won 1 SB. Well what did Coughlin win before coming here as a HC? What did Belichick win as a HC prior to NE? Cowher won w/ guys leaving via free agency. His teams were consistently in the postseason and they never showed lack of effort. Players like him and he's tough. Plus he went to 2 SBs and Tomlin took his star players to another 2 SBs w/ Cowher's DC as well. Anyone who says he is overrated is crazy and I would not WANT another NFC East team to grab him, so we have to play against him twice a year. We already struggled the last 2 years in a crappy division. The guy also likes Giants syle football. Pound the rock and defense. If the rumor is true that he wants our job when it's open I also think his ties w/ the Rooney family helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    The report is actually that they haven't met….

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-bill-cowher/
    A slight miscalculation lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by cwill99 View Post
    I actually wanted Cowher as T.C.'s replacement when he decided to leave. People say he's been gone too long, but Vermeil was gone way longer and he came back to win a SB. People say he's old, yet guys like our coach, Carroll, and Belichick are older. The last excuse is well in 15 years he only won 1 SB. Well what did Coughlin win before coming here as a HC? What did Belichick win as a HC prior to NE? Cowher won w/ guys leaving via free agency. His teams were consistently in the postseason and they never showed lack of effort. Players like him and he's tough. Plus he went to 2 SBs and Tomlin took his star players to another 2 SBs w/ Cowher's DC as well. Anyone who says he is overrated is crazy and I would not WANT another NFC East team to grab him, so we have to play against him twice a year. We already struggled the last 2 years in a crappy division. The guy also likes Giants syle football. Pound the rock and defense. If the rumor is true that he wants our job when it's open I also think his ties w/ the Rooney family helps.
    PF is the man for the Skins.
    No one remembers who came in second.

This is what Giants 101 said when I read it:

NFC East News: ESPN Radio 980 is reporting that the #Redskins have met with Bill Cowher about their vacant head coaching position. #Giants DC Perry Fewell is also scheduled to interview. #nyg

When I went to PFT they hadn't updated it yet about Cowher. I do see it there now though.

+ Reply to Thread