+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This year's crop of tight ends

I started to take a look at the TEs coming out of school this year. Haven't watched a whole lot of film, but it looks like there is some talent to be had.

Eric Ebron: Seemed like a guy who could make people miss in space and is able to block well enough. Pretty big looking but looks like he could add some weight. I watched his bowl game against Cincinnati for what it's worth.

Jace Amaro: Just announced that he'll be entering the draft. Watched his game against Oklahoma and was not very impressed. He's split out wide for a large percentage of the offensive snaps and seemed to get shut down by the man coverage the Sooners were using. Didn't get to see much of him blocking- does Texas Tech keep him out of those situations intentionally?

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: Love this kid. He had a lot of hype going into the season but that's seemed to taper off a little bit. Saw his game against Cal and he looked fantastic as an in-line blocker. Washington was consistently calling running plays to his side and having success with it (btw, their RB Sankey looks really special). He looks massive, long arms and a big frame. Didn't consistently get open, but was able to make people miss and had a near-catch along the sidelines that was pretty impressive. Definitely my favorite of the three since he seems to be mocked later than the other two anyway.

Colt Lyerla: Haven't seen film on him but I know he has a reputation as an athletic freak. I think he may have played a different position at one point? Can anyone share some details on him?

I think this is a draft where we should strongly consider picking up a big red zone target for Eli. Any other guys out there that I'm missing?

Jensen is a guy who intrigues me. Big frame, good blocker. He isnt going to be much of a vertical threat. But neither was Ballard.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Jensen is a guy who intrigues me. Big frame, good blocker. He isnt going to be much of a vertical threat. But neither was Ballard.
    I really think it's important to get a good solid blocker. Doesn't have to be Jimmy Graham on the receiving end. Just someone who can seal the edge and move the chains on third down

I think seferian-Jenkins is perfect for us

Quote Originally Posted by King Sully View Post
    I think seferian-Jenkins is perfect for us
    not unless he falls to at least the 2nd. Giants dont really like to touch guys with off field issues until a couple rounds in.

Oh I had no idea about the off field issues, in that case you're right.

Amaro for me.. This guy is gonna be a stud in the pros

I really would like Sefarian-Jenkins in the 2nd or C.J Fiedorowicz in the 3rd. Both fit our system very well I think

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    not unless he falls to at least the 2nd. Giants dont really like to touch guys with off field issues until a couple rounds in.
    Im still pissed that we didnt look at Vontaze Burfict... :/
    Draft Wishlist:
    1st Round- Shane Ray, DE, Mizzou
    2nd Round- Erick Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
    3rd Round- Cody Prewitt, FS, Miss
    4th Round- Zach Vigil, LB, Utah St

FA Wishlist: Re-Sign JPP, Hynoski, and sign Iupati

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Im still pissed that we didnt look at Vontaze Burfict... :/
    Yup.. The entire league is pissed.. Outside of Cincinnati