+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Cowboys chosen America's least-favorite team lol

Cowboys chosen America's least-favorite team
    By The Sports Xchange
    1 hour ago
    The SportsXchange

Love 'em or hate 'em, the Dallas Cowboys remain the most polarizing team for NFL fans.
    In a new survey released by Public Policy Polling, the Cowboys were easily chosen as America's least-favorite NFL team. Dallas also finished second in voting for America's favorite NFL team, trailing only the Denver Broncos.
    In voting for least-favorite team, the Cowboys received a whopping 23 percent, outdistancing the Chicago Bears (13 percent), the New England Patriots (9 percent), the Broncos (8 percent), the Pittsburgh Steelers (6 percent) and the New York Giants (5 percent).
    Denver led the voting for favorite team with 14 percent, and Dallas followed at 12 percent. Next up were the Green Bay Packers (11 percent), Chicago (10 percent), New England (8 percent), Pittsburgh (8 percent), the Giants (5 percent), the New Orleans Saints (4 percent) and the San Francisco 49ers (4 percent).
    Public Policy Polling concluded that the voting for favorite team is tied to current form. The Broncos enter the postseason with the top seed in the AFC, while the last time the poll was conducted, two years ago, the Packers came out on top at a time when they were undefeated.
    In polling regarding the public's favorite quarterback, the Broncos' Peyton Manning (22 percent) was the runaway winner. The Patriots' Tom Brady and the Washington Redskins' Robert Griffin III (13 percent apiece) tied for second. They were followed by the Saints' Drew Brees (9 percent), the Packers' Aaron Rodgers (8 percent), free agent Tim Tebow (7 percent), the Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson (5 percent), the Giants' Eli Manning (4 percent) and the Carolina Panthers' Russell Wilson (3 percent).
    Peyton Manning also posted the best popularity ratio, with 62 percent saying they have a favorable opinion of him to 9 percent with a negative opinion. The other quarterbacks with the best such ratios were Eli Manning (53/13), Tebow (52/20) and Brees (50/10).
    When asked their least-favorite quarterback, fans put Brady on top at 18 percent. Next in that negative category were Tebow (12 percent), Griffin (11 percent), Eli Manning (7 percent), Peyton Manning and Brees (5 percent each), Newton (4 percent) and Rodgers and Wilson (3 percent each).
    In a more politically charged question, Public Policy Polling asked people if the Washington Redskins should change their name. Seventy-one percent answered no, and 18 percent said yes.

Not that any of this matters but...

"In a new survey released by Public Policy Polling, the Cowboys were easily chosen as America's least-favorite NFL team."

"Dallas also finished second in voting for America's favorite NFL team, trailing only the Denver Broncos."

......hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post

"In a new survey released by Public Policy Polling, the Cowboys were easily chosen as America's least-favorite NFL team."

"Dallas also finished second in voting for America's favorite NFL team, trailing only the Denver Broncos."

......hmm?
    I was going to say the same thing, they're America's most hated team and 2nd most loved team?
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I was going to say the same thing, they're America's most hated team and 2nd most loved team?
    It's like the Yankees.

Veteran
    Here's the link: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/02...-favorite-team

An easier way to describe another ridiculous sports article is that 14% of the voters had the Boys as their favorites, 23% had them as their least favorites. And 23% was the biggest "least favorite" number.

I am among the 23% - they are MY most hated team. And I suspect that 23% includes a lot of Cowboy's fans for as long as Jerry is the GM...

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post

......hmm?
    Yea least favorite easily and NFLs favorite came in second. Contradictory
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

It only proves what we have known all along; that they are not Americas team.

Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    It's like the Yankees.
    Yep, they are the Yankees of the NFL. No one is ever in the middle with the Cowboys...they either hate them or love them. Also, Jones is probably one of the most recognized NFL personalities and memorabilia sales are probably at the top every year.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    It is called polarity my friend. What it means is that no one is on the fence or neutral about them. I suspect a team like the KC Chiegs would be in the pack on both polls.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I don't hate the Cowboys that is a very storied franchise -- I hate Jerry Jones he is the reason that team is and has failed. He need to be a hands off owner like every other franchise except Washington and then they will be a winning team again