+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

How much is O$I worth?

Not to put the cart before the horse, but what if the Giants win in Green Bay too.

How many dollars is O$i worth? My gosh, what to do? He wants a fortune and obvoiusly his presence has made a difference.

I'm guessing, if the Giants were forced to trade him b/c of JPP, Cruz and future Nicks money, he's increased his trade value.

How many $$ is he worth and what type of trade value, pick wise, is he worth?

Re: How much is O$I worth?

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]Not to put the cart before the horse, but what if the Giants win in Green Bay too. How many dollars is O$i worth? My gosh, what to do? He wants a fortune and obvoiusly his presence has made a difference. I'm guessing, if the Giants were forced to trade him b/c of JPP, Cruz and future Nicks money, he's increased his trade value. How many $$ is he worth and what type of trade value, pick wise, is he worth?[/quote]

Well, I think he's making $3.5 million this year. I originally wanted him traded next year because I didn't want an unhappy player on the team, but not I try to keep him but not at a increased salary. I'm not paying an increase to someone who gets as injured as he does -- not with JPP andCruz havingbig paydays coming their way. Tuck and Kiwi are always injured as well.

If the best player available in the 1st round is a DE, then draft himas Osi's replacment. I don't want Osi gone, I've always liked him, but if this finalyear of his contract ($$) is going to botherhim that much, then it's time to cut the cord and get what we can for him. I wouldn't mind trying to package him with a high pick to get Jared Allen. I have no idea if the Vikes would trade Allen, but I'm just wondering since they may have some rebuilding to do.

To me, given how important money is to him, i really don't want his headache at any price.

He has every right to fight for contracts he thinks are fair, and no matter who his employer is, he's corrent in his assumption that they won't take care of him if it runs against the business needs of a team.

but he's older, somewhat one dimensional, often injured, and playing a position where we have some options.

give our assumed cap situation, we have to make choices, and he's at the bottom of my list.

lesson learned from the last 3 or 4 years, thank you.

I hope he keeps playing like this and we can get a first round pick for him! I think teams were hesitant because he was injured last off season.

IMO....he's worth a 1st rounder for sure! hes an elite pass rusher.

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]Not to put the cart before the horse, but what if the Giants win in Green Bay too.

How many dollars is O$i worth? My gosh, what to do? He wants a fortune and obvoiusly his presence has made a difference.

I'm guessing, if the Giants were forced to trade him b/c of JPP, Cruz and future Nicks money, he's increased his trade value.

How many $$ is he worth and what type of trade value, pick wise, is he worth?[/quote]

I think at this point we're talking 4th rounder at best regardless of what he does in these playoffs.

1) He's no spring chicken
    2) Guaranteed to miss at 4 least games per season until he retires.
    3) Has mentioned retirement
    4) Most teams don't feel they're just a simple pass rusher away from a SB
    5) Most teams believe that you build a team through the draft. We've seen failed attempts by Washington, Dallas and Philly to buy the SB through free agency. Meaning even mid level picks are at a premium.

At this point the best thing to do is sit in a room with him and throw some makeup on the last year of his contract. Let him play it out and retire a Giant.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]Not to put the cart before the horse, but what if the Giants win in Green Bay too.

How many $$ is he worth and what type of trade value, pick wise, is he worth?[/quote]

Someone will pay him...hopefully it's not the Giants. We could use the money for more pressing needs.

I don't think he would be worth a ton in a trade. Whoever trades for him will have to pay him big bucks plus get rid of a draft pick. I'd think they would be lucky to get a 3rd for him.

[quote user="hadenough"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]Not to put the cart before the horse, but what if the Giants win in Green Bay too. How many dollars is O$i worth? My gosh, what to do? He wants a fortune and obvoiusly his presence has made a difference. I'm guessing, if the Giants were forced to trade him b/c of JPP, Cruz and future Nicks money, he's increased his trade value. How many $$ is he worth and what type of trade value, pick wise, is he worth?[/quote] Someone will pay him...hopefully it's not the Giants. We could use the money for more pressing needs. I don't think he would be worth a ton in a trade. Whoever trades for him will have to pay him big bucks plus get rid of a draft pick. I'd think they would be lucky to get a 3rd for him.[/quote]

+1

i'd take a 3rd for him in a heartbeat, but no GM worth their position will pay that for a guy like Osi with one year left on his deal.

Veteran

[quote user="burier"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]Not to put the cart before the horse, but what if the Giants win in Green Bay too.

I think at this point we're talking 4th rounder at best regardless of what he does in these playoffs.

1) He's no spring chicken
    2) Guaranteed to miss at 4 least games per season until he retires.
    3) Has mentioned retirement
    4) Most teams don't feel they're just a simple pass rusher away from a SB
    5) Most teams believe that you build a team through the draft. We've seen failed attempts by Washington, Dallas and Philly to buy the SB through free agency. Meaning even mid level picks are at a premium.

At this point the best thing to do is sit in a room with him and throw some makeup on the last year of his contract. Let him play it out and retire a Giant.[/quote]

Kinda sounds like Strahan who retired at 37. Osi still is only 30/31. Would a team offer a ton for 3-4 years of an elite pass rusher? Would the Giants pay for it or let me go.

Decisions - Decisions

i would love a 2nd and a 3/4th

Veteran

[quote user="GiantPride27"]i would love a 2nd and a 3/4th[/quote]

Yeah, that Shockey trade brought in a heap of talent.