+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you take Blake?

Veteran

Would you take Blake?

Blake bortles for our pick? TThougts?

I highly doubt he is there at #12. However, if he is there, and other guys I like (such as Dennard, Clowney, Barr, Matthews, Mosley) are gone, I would have no problem taking Bortles. He has great tools, but he needs to develop more. I feel he should return to school, but if he declares, I think it would be optimal to have him sit for maybe two years behind Eli and develop.

Downside to this is we most likely would then cut Nassib, which gives us zero return on a pick from last year

future Jaguar.. but I'm a fan

No way. Not even as a developmental project. We've taken way too many risks in the past we need a contributing stud in the 1st round. Plus not sold on him..kinda reminds me of blaine gabbert

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    No way. Not even as a developmental project. We've taken way too many risks in the past we need a contributing stud in the 1st round. Plus not sold on him..kinda reminds me of blaine gabbert
    i have no idea how you're comparing bortles to gabbert

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    i have no idea how you're comparing bortles to gabbert
    +1.. I was never a Gabbert fan.. I think Bortles has a chance to go #1

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    +1.. I was never a Gabbert fan.. I think Bortles has a chance to go #1
    i was talking to my buddy (rams fan) and we both agree he should go back for another year. But, if he doesnt, I think it would be ideal for him to be taken by a team who doesn't need him right away. He is definitely not an elite prospect coming out (luck), but i think if he is developed for two years or so he can be a stud. he has all the tools

Veteran
    I think I know Blake more than anyone here. I've played against him. If he enters and falls to us, perfect time to give eli a "Kurt Warner giant" year then move on imo. it won't happen, all theoretical but that's why we are here to talk

Veteran
    Fyi. Gabberts bro came to ucf and quit because of Blake and the guy that is next

+ Reply to Thread