+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

So....are we just good now?

Awesome, sick game but I really don't know how to react to all this. Right now our defense is awesome, we stopped the run cold, our pass rush is lights out, our running game is great, and Eli is better than ever. It's like how I envisioned this team to be in the 2007/2008 days. Do we just pretend like the rest of the season never happened, or what? Please say yes.

Re: So....are we just good now?

SUPER BOWL. That's where I want to be right now! Let's beat the Pack and let's beat the 49ers/NO, I'm up to the challenge.

good or not....we are 2 games from the dance

All-Pro

I'm in your boat. I think about our post season and I get goose bumps. Eli is playing awesome ball. Our defense is finally stepping up. But, are we for real? I don't know what to think. In 2007, I didn't have any expectations either. The only year I did have expectations was in 2008 when we were dominant. For my own sanity, I'm just going to remain cynical and unconvinced - until we've shown we can stop a good offense.

Yesterday was our best game of the season, by far. I am happy for the players. There have been a lot of comparisons between this Giants team and 2007. Yesterday was the 1st time I could see any resemblence.

I was not at the game, but I could tell by the noise that yesterday was the best home crowd the NYG have seen in a long time. When Troy Aikmen and Joe Buck comment on how loud the stadium is, of a team they so obviously hate, you know its loud.

Starter

The defensive tackles have to remain a force like in 07. Also Blackburn is improving every week and the safety's are hanging tough. You have to be down the middle just like in baseball you need that good catcher, 2nd and short DP combo and center fielder to cover lots of ground and have the good instict's. The middle is the foundation. Keep it up.

hey, just the fact we don't look like we did 4 weeks ago against Washington is reason to throw a party.

of all the stuff we're excited about, the thing that i'm happiest to see is really good run defense, and healthy pass rushers.

i'm cautiously optimistic about our defense against a dumb coach on the road and Matt Ryan's inability to play well in big games.

But that's a VERY good running offense and the fact that we stopped the run is what i'm most excited about.

that doesn't mean we will beat GB, but a real run defense and a healthier passrushimproves our chances, and certainly could make us a real force to be reckoned with if the weather turns really sour in Wisconsin next weekend.

SHHHHHHHHHH! LETS FLY UNDER THE RADAR TO THE SB
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

[quote user="jhamburg"]Awesome, sick game but I really don't know how to react to all this. Right now our defense is awesome, we stopped the run cold, our pass rush is lights out, our running game is great, and Eli is better than ever. It's like how I envisioned this team to be in the 2007/2008 days. Do we just pretend like the rest of the season never happened, or what? Please say yes.[/quote]

All I can say is that the regular season is over. We've seen time and time again that regular season does not serve as a reliable predictor of what will happen in the playoffs.

Let the good times roll
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

how glorious it would be to go to the superbowl...I am exstremely serious when I say that if we go to the superbowl I will be there in Indy to watch...I figure the total cost to be 3 grand for myself...I would love to take th4 kids and wife but not an option I am afraid...So I do not have to place a burden on my fqmily (or really give my wife the excuse to complain) the guys have said hey will throw me a "Get me to the superbowl fundraiser party"....I said if we go to the superbowl party or not i will put it on a credit card if i have to, wife can wine all she wants.....GO GMEN