+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Woodhead

Danny Woodhead

I just want to say that I love this player. I don't know him personally, or really heard him talk much. But he's such a good football player. Versatile and tough. It would be nice to have a "chip-on-their-shoulder" player like this on Offense....I mean, it would be good to have any sort of leadership on offense.
    To end these random thoughts on a jocular note, I want the Gints to draft what could be called "the Jon Beason of centers".

Good player, but that first down thing he does is annoying.

Tough guy, reminds me of Bradshaw with his toughness. Wish the Giants could get him.

Another free agent the giants could have went after like welker. He looks awesome on the chargers offence.

He's a pretty good player who makes up for in effort what he lacks in talent. He won't make your poor or average team better but if you have a very, very solid team, he'll be additive.

He's kind of McConkeyesque. Guys like him never seem to last all that long in the league or as one GM said about McConkey, "you absolutely gotta love the guy for his heart, his motor and his effort, but that doesn't mean you have to employ him"

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Another free agent the giants could have went after like welker. He looks awesome on the chargers offence.

He probably would have sucked on the Giants. He's a luxury back, not an every down guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    He probably would have sucked on the Giants. He's a luxury back, not an every down guy.
    He is looking like an every down back this game. Who is more of an impact player him or hillis?

He is looking like an every down back this game. Who is more of an impact player him or hillis?

Good for him, he's playing behind the SD O line, not the Giants. Aa far as the impact question, he's absolutely the taller midget in that comparison.

And the Jets let him go, one of the dumb moves they did. I'm glad he's doing well.

They keep him in on passing downs, and when running the hurry-up. He doesn't carry the load.
    He doesn't fit the mold of a typical Giants back, so I'm not sure useful he'd have been this past season.

+ Reply to Thread