+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red Flag Prospects

Red Flag Prospects

Would you draft either of these guys? What round do you think they go in?

Colt Lyerla is in jail serving 10 days for cocaine possession. He is a beastly borderline first round talent at TE, but has melted down--apparently tweeting some controversial and stupid things about the Sandy Hook shooting, quitting OU football team without explanation, and the getting arrested for blowing coke two weeks later.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/1...014-nfl-draft/

Isiah Crowell looked like a big time can't miss SEC RB during his first season at Georgia, then he was arrested for two felony weapon charges and kicked out of school. The charges were eventually dropped. He transferred to an FCS school and put up good, not great numbers, but his film shows some serious ability.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...weapons-felony

Probably not, then again, if we had known what LT did in college, we probably wouldn't of drafted him either.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    Would you draft either of these guys? What round do you think they go in?

Colt Lyerla is in jail serving 10 days for cocaine possession. He is a beastly borderline first round talent at TE, but has melted down--apparently tweeting some controversial and stupid things about the Sandy Hook shooting, quitting OU football team without explanation, and the getting arrested for blowing coke two weeks later.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/1...014-nfl-draft/

Isiah Crowell looked like a big time can't miss SEC RB during his first season at Georgia, then he was arrested for two felony weapon charges and kicked out of school. The charges were eventually dropped. He transferred to an FCS school and put up good, not great numbers, but his film shows some serious ability.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...weapons-felony
    I would definitely consider Lyerla in the 5th. That is where he has been projected lately... Although I would like to see an interview with of the guy and see if he legititmately wants to get his act together like the Honey Badger did.

Crowell is a good back and I have seen him projected around the 6th round. That is a lot if he falls that far but like Lyerla I would like to see an interview of him to see how if he has matured

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Lyerla, ONLY in the 5th or later though. Our organizational integrity these days helps bring players on the straight and narrow mostly (although I'm still baffled by the case of Will Hill), but I think spending early picks on head cases is a BAD idea. I was massively opposed to picking Alec Ogletree and I still stand by that today regardless of how well he plays now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Lyerla, ONLY in the 5th or later though. Our organizational integrity these days helps bring players on the straight and narrow mostly (although I'm still baffled by the case of Will Hill), but I think spending early picks on head cases is a BAD idea. I was massively opposed to picking Alec Ogletree and I still stand by that today regardless of how well he plays now.
    Will Hill was undrafted though. I think he has 1 more strike. Plus, we were hurting at safety this year.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I would definitely consider Lyerla in the 5th. That is where he has been projected lately... Although I would like to see an interview with of the guy and see if he legititmately wants to get his act together like the Honey Badger did.

Crowell is a good back and I have seen him projected around the 6th round. That is a lot if he falls that far but like Lyerla I would like to see an interview of him to see how if he has matured
    Yeah, I think an interview with Lyerla would be telling one way or the other...the thing that gets me about him is less the cocaine and more the walking away from his team and tweeting about Sandy Hook conspiracy theories...

Crowell, even though he was charged with 2 felonies almost worries me less because it was an isolated incident and the charges were dropped.

Pretty sure the Giants wouldn't draft either, but maybe as an UFA is they go undrafted

Aw, reading about Lyerla is making me wistful for Shockey...

That said, this kid's tape is BALLER. Mean blocker, good route runner & pass catcher. If he gets it together, he's a steal. Unfortunately, he'll probably either be a steal for the Bengals.

I'd be stoked with Crowell in a late round.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

+ Reply to Thread