+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picks 1-11

Picks 1-11

I'm thinking who would go in the slots before us. As it stands now 4 QBs are projected 1st rounders- Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Manziel, so all 4 could easily go in the first 11. That leaves 7 spots left. 1) Jake Matthews 2)anthony barr 3) sammy watkins 4)khalil mack 5)stephon tuitt? 6)greg robinson? 7) darqueze dennard? However you want their will be a stud tackle left (robinson/erving/ogbuehi) TE (amaro/ebron) and potentially darqueze dennard CB maybe mike evans WR as well.

One thing to note after clowney there aren't many stud DE and i think we really could use another one. I wouldn't mind dropping down to the 20's and picking up a 2nd rounder. In that case I would take kony ealy in round 1. Zach martin/richardson+ in round 2 plus ASJ TE.

Idk how people see ealy but I don't think he is the edge rusher we need. IMO, Ealy is more of an edge defender in the mold of a justin tuck. I also like my de taller than 6-3/6-4 but that is nitpicking.

I think Mosley, Evans & Dennard will be there..

As badly as we need an offenseive lineman if LB Anthony Barr is there at 12 Theres no way Giants can pass him up

Barr's interesting. It's amazing to think that he's only played defense for a year, but he does look pretty raw, and needs more mental & physical growth than the average first rounder.

Best-case scenario is that he takes 2 years to develop into an every-down starter; though I'm not even sure he pans out as a 4-3 DE.

For DE, I think Trent Murphy and Chris Smith can be good players in the second in your hypothetical situation. It also wouldn't surprise me if everyone passed on a QB other than Bridgewater that early in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    I'm thinking who would go in the slots before us. As it stands now 4 QBs are projected 1st rounders- Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Manziel, so all 4 could easily go in the first 11. That leaves 7 spots left. 1) Jake Matthews 2)anthony barr 3) sammy watkins 4)khalil mack 5)stephon tuitt? 6)greg robinson? 7) darqueze dennard? However you want their will be a stud tackle left (robinson/erving/ogbuehi) TE (amaro/ebron) and potentially darqueze dennard CB maybe mike evans WR as well.

One thing to note after clowney there aren't many stud DE and i think we really could use another one. I wouldn't mind dropping down to the 20's and picking up a 2nd rounder. In that case I would take kony ealy in round 1. Zach martin/richardson+ in round 2 plus ASJ TE.
    Ya, maybe Marqise Lee sneaks in there if he runs well at the combine and Taylor Lewan is a possiblity in the top 11.. I agree about Dennard being on our(GMEN) big board along with Ifo Ekpre Olomu(if he declares), Justin Gilbert, CJ Mosley, Mike Evans , Stephon Tuitt, Cedric Ogbuehi, or Khalil Mack.. Someone in that group, would be my guess... Also, i would be completely fine with trading down and drafting Kony Ealy. He does remind me of TUck, but a young tuck, got more sacks then he has as hes aged, and if not for that nasty lisfranc season , might of piled up more sacks during his career. Sure, hes a stout "defender" on the edge, but his pure power got him in the backfield alot more often when he was younger, which Ealy is.. Shoot, i'd love to get Trent Murphy in the 20's, if it lets us pile up more picks. I think Murphy is sceme versatile..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, maybe Marqise Lee sneaks in there if he runs well at the combine and Taylor Lewan is a possiblity in the top 11.. I agree about Dennard being on our(GMEN) big board along with Ifo Ekpre Olomu(if he declares), Justin Gilbert, CJ Mosley, Mike Evans , Stephon Tuitt, Cedric Ogbuehi, or Khalil Mack.. Someone in that group, would be my guess... Also, i would be completely fine with trading down and drafting Kony Ealy. He does remind me of TUck, but a young tuck, got more sacks then he has as hes aged, and if not for that nasty lisfranc season , might of piled up more sacks during his career. Sure, hes a stout "defender" on the edge, but his pure power got him in the backfield alot more often when he was younger, which Ealy is.. Shoot, i'd love to get Trent Murphy in the 20's, if it lets us pile up more picks. I think Murphy is sceme versatile..
    I really think Lee will be a riser. He's pro ready, runs smooth routes, has great hands and he will run a fast 40 (sub 4.4?). The dude was supposedly a track star.

I'm see a lot of mocks with Kony Ealy as a mid 1st rounder.. Mostly to the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by CGYgiant View Post
    I really think Lee will be a riser. He's pro ready, runs smooth routes, has great hands and he will run a fast 40 (sub 4.4?). The dude was supposedly a track star.
    As long as he prooves his knees fully healthy and he runs fast at the combine/proday, i think he will get back in the top 5-10 range. People seem to forget, he was a regular in most top 5 of there mock drafts pre knee injury.. I have no issue taking Lee in RD1..