+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else feel nick foles is really overrated ???

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Lets be honest, If RG3 is a one hit wonder it is because of his health. I can see Foles being a successful QB in that system for quite a few years. This good? Probably not. Dallas figured him out IMO.
    I sort of agree, but it's going to be tough for RG3 to duplicate what he did in his rookie year.

Foles did a lot, TD's vs INTs, QB rating, win streak... But I can't help but love him for possibly getting that ****stain Vick out of the NFL, FOR GOOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Safe passes, accurate, QB friendly offense, won't gamble like Eli. I'd say he is a middle of the road QB who put up some impressive stats. He knows how to take care of the ball. Alex Smith type QB.
    Foles hoisted way too many balls into double coverage to be compared to Alex Smith. Nowhere near as careful, and he doesn't focus solely on the short game like Smith, either.

Living in Arizona I got to see Foles play a lot, he is not a super star. That being said, he is good pocket passer who is very accurate and can take a good beating. He is not the most mobile QB and at times will make some bone head plays. Overall he will be a good NFL QB for some years to come.

All-Pro
    **** Foles and **** the Eagles but there is no way a dude who put up the numbers he did can be considered overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
    First off I'm not hating on this guy at all I just don't see what's so spectacular about him ?? I think he is a straight chucker that lucks out most of the time because his receivers bail him out ?? What you guys think ? I am I way off on my analysis of this guy ??

Too early to tell. He's better than Vick but that's not really saying all that much. Most of the league was and is better than Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Foles did a lot, TD's vs INTs, QB rating, win streak... But I can't help but love him for possibly getting that ****stain Vick out of the NFL, FOR GOOD!!!
    He still committed the same cardinal sin Vick is guilty of, although in Foles' defense, he was drafted, so he had no choice but to either sign with the eagles or sit out, and the latter choice could mean an early end to his NFL existence...

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Who is overrating him?
    There were some ESPN talking heads (ex-players no less) that were calling Foles a legit candidate for regular-season MVP. I'm sorry I can't remember who it was because I was so flabbergasted when I heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Jones View Post
    There were some ESPN talking heads (ex-players no less) that were calling Foles a legit candidate for regular-season MVP. I'm sorry I can't remember who it was because I was so flabbergasted when I heard it.
    Well, stats-wise, he was certainly worthy of acknowledgement. 27 TDs to 2 INTs is an insane ratio. If it was Brady that put up that line he'd be a frontrunner in the MVP race.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Well, stats-wise, he was certainly worthy of acknowledgement. 27 TDs to 2 INTs is an insane ratio. If it was Brady that put up that line he'd be a frontrunner in the MVP race.
    Fair enough, I'm just not much of a stats guy. I think a guy needs to perform over a longer period of time before we start laying all these accolades out. Anybody remember Bobby Hoying in Philly?

+ Reply to Thread