+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kevin Boothe

Kevin Boothe

Does anyone else feel that Boothe has played well enough this year to earn the starting LG position next year? I feel he has been very good in both run and pass blocking. Just not sure if he is more valuable as a reserve due to his versatility to play center and both guard spots.

Re: Kevin Boothe

If Baas wasnt making so much as our starting center I would think Boothe could make a run at that spot.

I heard that Baas' natural position is at OG, so maybe in the offseason we could see a little switcheroo
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="tdawg1413"]Does anyone else feel that Boothe has played well enough this year to earn the starting LG position next year? I feel he has been very good in both run and pass blocking. Just not sure if he is more valuable as a reserve due to his versatility to play center and both guard spots.
    [/quote]

boote will start somewere on the line next year
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

All-Pro

i think if we run for over 100 again vs. Packers, win or lose, we probably start the season with the same 5

IMO, Boothe must stay at guard. Let Beatty and Diehl battle it out for LT. Whatever they do, they cant put Diehl back at LG. I think Beatty was doing a solid job, better against the pass, than the run. But when he got hurt our line got better, not because Diehl is better than him at tackle but because he was so bad at guard.

Bench Player

Boothe makes $1 million this year, $1.4 million next year - that's real money for a back-up on the O-line (an UFA would make less than 25% of that replacing Boothe if Boothe's cut next year).

To my mind, this is what makes the Giants front-office exceptional. The Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins would never give a back-up, 6th-lineman, special teams guy this kind of contract. The Giants knew somebody would get hurt, and they knew they had a guy who could snap the ball, play guard decently, and, in an extreme emergency, play tackle (although he's not really athletic enough for a good edge rusher). He's worth every penny, but the Skins and Cowboys, especially, would rather pay for highlight-reel players and the truth is Boothe not only could have started for both - he would have been the best interior lineman on either team.

Boothe is a real unsung hero on this team. And he's fun to watch - did you hear on the broadcast when Collinsworth said, "Boothe is getting up slowly. He might be hurt. Oh no, he's not hurt, he's just such a big guy it takes a little while to get off the ground."

Boothe is a credit to Cornell, to the Raiders (who found and drafted him) and to the Giants front office (and the O-line coach).

Yea Kevin Boothe has been a surprise and played very well. I would like to see Mitch Petrus get some time. Bring in a tackle to compete with Beatty or at least play the right tackle position. I see no reason to have Mckenzie and Diehl back as Tackles next year. Snee better be looking over his shoulder too because if he has another lousy year, Petrus is waiting in the wings.