+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isn't Dallas a consistent playoff team?

Why isn't Dallas a consistent playoff team?

I'm just saying this because plenty of Cowboys fans out there talk about how great Tony Romo is and how clutch he is. I mean the guy is number 5 all-time in passer rating and he's not a turnover machine like that so called average QB Eli. So why can't he carry the team on his back and be a playoff team? Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers and heck even Eli and Flacco have done it, why can't Tony....seriously?
    Last edited by Eli's Giants; 01-07-2014 at 01:52 PM.

At this point it's just all mental with him. He can have all those crazy stats, give me the qb that wins when it matters most.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Banned
    I don't think it was Tony's fault this year at all. Dallas' defense, especially their pass defense, was beyond pathetic this year. They were first in yards per game allowed, 3rd in most yds allowed per play and 7th in points allowed. On top of that they were penalized a ton as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    I don't think it was Tony's fault this year at all. Dallas' defense, especially their pass defense, was beyond pathetic this year. They were first in yards per game allowed, 3rd in most yds allowed per play and 7th in points allowed. On top of that they were penalized a ton as well.
    Yeah but Brady and Rodgers a couple of seasons ago had the 2 worst defenses in the NFL and won their divisions easily. Why can't Romo?

Hey he's the qb and deserves as much blame as the rest of the team. Until he gets over that hump it will always be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli's Giants View Post
    Yeah but Brady and Rodgers a couple of seasons ago had the 2 worst defenses in the NFL and won their divisions easily. Why can't Romo?
    Cause he's a choke artist.

Banned
    Brady and Rodgers are two of the best QBs in the league, Romo isn't in the same class.

Brady and Rodgers are two of the best QBs in the league, Romo isn't in the same class.
    stat wise he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    stat wise he is...
    Exactly my point, Romo puts up those great numbers and he doesn't turnover the ball like Brady or Rodgers. But for some reason Romo gets the excuse because his defense was bad. Brady and Rodgers had the same problem a couple of seasons ago and they still won their divisions.

Exactly my point, Romo puts up those great numbers and he doesn't turnover the ball like Brady or Rodgers. But for some reason Romo gets the excuse because his defense was bad. Brady and Rodgers had the same problem a couple of seasons ago and they still won their divisions.
    It's pretty sad too, that Giant fans find every reason to blame Eli and his struggles but will find every excuse for a guy that has 1 playoff victory in 8 years.

+ Reply to Thread