+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isn't Dallas a consistent playoff team?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    blame it on the jerry curse

that's just the bottom line
    Do you think Jerry is an idiot for giving Tony that monster contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Eli's Giants View Post
    It's amazing, but how? Eli has been notorious for being a turnover machine as we learned from this season you never win if you turnover the ball so much. Romo is good at taking care of the football.
    Because BACK THEN, Eli was as clutch as they come in the 4th Q. Romo tends to press in the 4th and "choke" by throwing big interceptions.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Banned
    Do you think Jerry is an idiot for giving Tony that monster contract?
    not really. the contract only guarantees 50 million(still a lot). he will have to achieve a lot of incentives if he wants the rest of the money. mega contracts like that are rarely achieved in whole. if the whole contract was guaranteed then yeah I would think he's an idiot. what am I saying, jerry IS an idiot regardless.

Romo isn't the problem.

another reason why I think jerry is an idiot is WHY hasn't he gotten rid of kiffen yet? its offseason, FIRE the guy. should of been fired a week ago

Do you want an actual reason?

Or is this you venting and/or a passive attempt to call out Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Do you want an actual reason?

Or is this you venting and/or a passive attempt to call out Romo?
    The op said SERIOUSLY. It is an interesting thought, especially considering that today's NFL is a QB driven league. Romo seems to put up elite numbers but for some reason he just doesn't make the playoffs consistently. Which is why I bring up guys like Brady and Rodgers, they all put up great numbers and still manage to win consistently, why doesn't Romo?

not really. the contract only guarantees 50 million(still a lot). he will have to achieve a lot of incentives if he wants the rest of the money. mega contracts like that are rarely achieved in whole. if the whole contract was guaranteed then yeah I would think he's an idiot. what am I saying, jerry IS an idiot regardless.

Romo isn't the problem.

another reason why I think jerry is an idiot is WHY hasn't he gotten rid of kiffen yet? its offseason, FIRE the guy. should of been fired a week ago
    I do agree that Kiffen is an idiot and should be fired.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    For one it would be you, Rosie, MS, Harooni....not saying he doesn't deserve some but you always knock a guy that helped bring 2 sbs here and if some points out other flaws with the team to show it's not just Eli you and your buddies get your panties in a bundle. Kinda like 420 was trying to explain to you before....but your only lame comeback was he's a eli cultists.
    I always knock him? Please 420, you and your 10 other personalities are getting tiring, you're obvious. You keep bringing up 2011 to defend Eli, what does 2011 have to do with his terrible play this year? Are you honestly going to try and argue that Eli had a better season than Romo? Do yourself a favor, grab a towel and wipe off that manning sauce that is dripping from your chin, you're embarrassing yourself kid.
    Last edited by Cover3; 01-08-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Banned
    The op said SERIOUSLY. It is an interesting thought, especially considering that today's NFL is a QB driven league. Romo seems to put up elite numbers but for some reason he just doesn't make the playoffs consistently. Which is why I bring up guys like Brady and Rodgers, they all put up great numbers and still manage to win consistently, why doesn't Romo?
    cant make the playoffs with a historically bad defense. Rodgers n Brady wouldn't be doing no better if they had a defense like that on their team. Romo and his offense finished in the top 5 in offense this year I think? something like that.....not to bad really...Romo has thrown ints at bad times before but he also throws tds at ideal times as well. last two seasons he has won games for Dallas on 4th downs on last play of the game...people don't wanna talk about performances like that, just focus on losses and trying to put those losses on Romo.

to say or ask why Romo "doesn't win consistently" is just reaching. I could say the same for eli.....tell me this yall, how can eli. a sb winner, go from decent play to historically bad play? I could sit here and make the argument that eli is the reason why you guys had a bad season. if eli is so consistent, then why did he throw all those ints and had his worst year as a qb? how would g fans feel if everyone thinks its time for the g's to find a new qb with his consistent, terrible play this year?

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    I cant stand him either, but I hope he stays the owner and GM and lives to be 100.
    Great post. lmao

cant make the playoffs with a historically bad defense. Rodgers n Brady wouldn't be doing no better if they had a defense like that on their team. Romo and his offense finished in the top 5 in offense this year I think? something like that.....not to bad really...Romo has thrown ints at bad times before but he also throws tds at ideal times as well. last two seasons he has won games for Dallas on 4th downs on last play of the game...people don't wanna talk about performances like that, just focus on losses and trying to put those losses on Romo.
    Brady and Rodgers had really bad defenses in the 2011 season and they both won their divisions easily. Romo is a very good QB and does put up great numbers consistently, but it seems like their an 8-8 team every year.
    to say or ask why Romo "doesn't win consistently" is just reaching. I could say the same for eli.....tell me this yall, how can eli. a sb winner, go from decent play to historically bad play? I could sit here and make the argument that eli is the reason why you guys had a bad season. if eli is so consistent, then why did he throw all those ints and had his worst year as a qb? how would g fans feel if everyone thinks its time for the g's to find a new qb with his consistent, terrible play this year?
    I should've clarified when I said "doesn't win consistently", what I meant was why doesn't he make the playoffs consistently. And yes there is no excuse for Eli not to make the playoffs consistently, but at least he does have those 2 SB's in his resume. It is shocking that a guy that is number 5 all-time in passer rating missed the playoffs in the last 4 seasons.

+ Reply to Thread