+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isn't Dallas a consistent playoff team?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    It's pretty sad too, that Giant fans find every reason to blame Eli and his struggles but will find every excuse for a guy that has 1 playoff victory in 8 years.
    It's also funny how some Giants fans say that Eli missed the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 season even though he won a SB ring in that span, yet Romo missed the playoffs in the last 4 seasons period. lol

Banned
    blame it on the jerry curse

that's just the bottom line

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    It's pretty sad too, that Giant fans find every reason to blame Eli and his struggles but will find every excuse for a guy that has 1 playoff victory in 8 years.
    What are you talking about? Please point out all of these giant fans who chastise Eli and make excuses for Romo, I'll be waiting, I'm sure you will be awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli's Giants View Post
    Yeah but Brady and Rodgers a couple of seasons ago had the 2 worst defenses in the NFL and won their divisions easily. Why can't Romo?
    Eli did it in 2011 as well. And he had the 32nd ranked rushing attack.

5trive for Fiv5

Romo puts up a lot of great stats, but he lacks the mental toughness to get the Cowboys over the hump. He tends to fold under the pressure on the biggest stage. I mean, how many times have we seen Romo break down and cry on the field or on the sidelines after a loss in the past?

Sure, Romo is more athletic than Eli and puts up prettier stats, but Eli has shown that he has the mental toughness to weather the criticism, the losses and rise to the challenge on the biggest stage.
    One of these teams is not like the others

All-Pro
    Its simple, Jerry Jones. He makes terrible personnel decisions left and right. They made a decent pick this year with the offensive lineman but he usually goes for flashy over needs. Monte Kiffin's defense was getting torched in college by Division 2 teams but he thought since he won in Tampa 11 years ago he could do it again. Or trading two first round picks for Joey Galloway. Or trading a first, third and sixth for Roy Williams and signing him to the highest WR contract. These are just a few. Once Jerry is out of the picture they have a chance to be more consistent. Either that or when the playoffs get expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by n420p69 View Post
    Its simple, Jerry Jones. He makes terrible personnel decisions left and right. They made a decent pick this year with the offensive lineman but he usually goes for flashy over needs. Monte Kiffin's defense was getting torched in college by Division 2 teams but he thought since he won in Tampa 11 years ago he could do it again. Or trading two first round picks for Joey Galloway. Or trading a first, third and sixth for Roy Williams and signing him to the highest WR contract. These are just a few. Once Jerry is out of the picture they have a chance to be more consistent. Either that or when the playoffs get expanded.
    Agreed, same goes for Dan Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Eli did it in 2011 as well. And he had the 32nd ranked rushing attack.
    It's amazing, but how? Eli has been notorious for being a turnover machine as we learned from this season you never win if you turnover the ball so much. Romo is good at taking care of the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    What are you talking about? Please point out all of these giant fans who chastise Eli and make excuses for Romo, I'll be waiting, I'm sure you will be awhile.
    For one it would be you, Rosie, MS, Harooni....not saying he doesn't deserve some but you always knock a guy that helped bring 2 sbs here and if some points out other flaws with the team to show it's not just Eli you and your buddies get your panties in a bundle. Kinda like 420 was trying to explain to you before....but your only lame comeback was he's a eli cultists.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 01-07-2014 at 10:58 PM.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    blame it on the jerry curse

that's just the bottom line
    I cant stand him either, but I hope he stays the owner and GM and lives to be 100.

+ Reply to Thread