+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 110
  1. #31
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    I always knock him? Please 420, you and your 10 other personalities are getting tiring, you're obvious. You keep bringing up 2011 to defend Eli, what does 2011 have to do with his terrible play this year? Are you honestly going to try and argue that Eli had a better season than Romo? Do yourself a favor, grab a towel and wipe off that manning sauce that is dripping from your chin, you're embarrassing yourself kid.
    You're a freaking dope...please bring football knowledge to the boards instead of your little man angry syndrome...kid.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

  2. #32
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli's Giants View Post
    The op said SERIOUSLY. It is an interesting thought, especially considering that today's NFL is a QB driven league. Romo seems to put up elite numbers but for some reason he just doesn't make the playoffs consistently. Which is why I bring up guys like Brady and Rodgers, they all put up great numbers and still manage to win consistently, why doesn't Romo?
    I'm just going to side step the Romo stuff for a moment. I'm a big critic of his, but he's not the only reason we're not making the playoffs consistently. I promise to revisit the Romo stuff in a bit, but for now, these are some of the big reasons why Dallas has missed the playoffs 4 straight years saving the best for last.


    1. FOUNDATION IS FAULTY: Biggest reason for this? The 2007-2009 drafts... 3 of the 4 Wade Phillips led drafts. Of the 26 picks we had in that span, only Orlando Scandrick, Anthony Spencer, and Doug Free remain. Spencer didn't play this entire year, and overall that's pretty much 0 impact players. The real culprits are the 08-09 draft class in which only Scandrick Remains (2 first round picks in 08 were squandered, along with ALL 12 picks in 09).


    2. BAD PRIORITIES IN ACQUIRING TLAENT: Jerry has never wanted to build the OL with premium picks. He only recently started in 2011 after the 2010 debacle. Instead he spent a lot of resources acquiring and retaining skill position players which brings me to two points:

    2A: INABILITY TO COMMIT TO A SINGLE TEAM DIRECTION/IDENTITY: The reason we spent so many resources on beefing up our CB position (1st and 2nd to get Mo Claiborne, 50mil for Brandon Carr in FA in the same year) was because that's what Rob Ryan needed to make his defense work. Well, Jerry ended up firing Rob prematurely because... well there was never a good reason, really. Now we have two talented CBs who are in the wrong scheme and are practically worthless because of it. Bruce Carter as well. Maybe even Ware (although I consider his decline to be age and injuries rather than scheme).

    2B: OVERCOMPENSATING FOR MISTAKES: Neglecting the OL for so many years (as mentioned above) caused the team to pour an unbalanced amount of resources into offensive line in order to fix it (2 first round picks in 3 years, 3 FA signings, a bloated contract to retain an average player). Therefore, now the DL is in shambles, and will probably cause us to pour too many resources into THAT. The only way out of this mess is to draft BPA and wait for talent and depth to build... but I doubt Jerry sees it that way.

    3: COACHING: Ours is pretty awful. 26 point lead over GB at half, we run the ball only 7 times in the second half and GB comes back to win it. Sad thing is, GB out rushed us in the second half mounting a comeback. Fact of the matter is, our coaching staff has absolutely, positively no feel for the game. It is neither innovative or forward thinking. And the decision making seems to be predicated on "what would I have don in 1992". Yes, Jason Garrett... teams CAN score in less than a minute. Don't give them an opportunity to and end the game on offense.

    4. OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY: Our offensive philosophy is the worst in the NFL. Most teams will try to do what they do best and force the defense to stop them (or just fail trying). Cowboys? "Take what they give you.". Dez Bryant is triple covered? Let's force the ball to this rookie. Sounds like common sense, but at the same time the Cowboys will be content to let Bryant be doubled or tripled the rest of the game, not move him around or even try to get him over and try to let said rookie win the game for them, which said rookie cannot do.

    Basically, they let the opposing defense not just affect, but actually DICTATE the game.

    And as I touched on briefly, our OC (callahan/garrett) do not see the benefit of running the ball. For them, it seems like a quota they have to meet. It's like they don't realize that even if the run isn't working early, it will still have its benefits later (tired pass rush, worn down linebackers, etc).

    5. CULTURE: Jay Ratliff said it best when he went to Chicago. "Football, first-class organization," he said of the Bears. "Just to put it bluntly, and it's not a shot -- if they take it like that, so be it. Here, it is all about football. You can really just focus on your craft. Focus on what it is you do. And no matter what's going on, you never forget what you're here for. That's a good thing."

    6. JERRY JONES: That's really all that needs to be mentioned on that topic.

    I could go on, but these are some of the biggest culprits to the lack of playoffs in Dallas that, IMO, have far more impact than Romo.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    You're a freaking dope...please bring football knowledge to the boards instead of your little man angry syndrome...kid.
    Oh this is just hilarious coming from you, the person who clearly is the least knowledgeable person on the boards. Keep playing the victim game while throwing out insults yourself you mental midget. You Eli apologists are disgusting, I can't wait till you bandwagon "Giant fans" who are truly Ole Miss fans in disguise vacate the boards for good. You and your ilk are flooding the boards with the immense power of stupidity and irrationality.

  4. #34
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    I always knock him? Please 420, you and your 10 other personalities are getting tiring, you're obvious. You keep bringing up 2011 to defend Eli, what does 2011 have to do with his terrible play this year? Are you honestly going to try and argue that Eli had a better season than Romo? Do yourself a favor, grab a towel and wipe off that manning sauce that is dripping from your chin, you're embarrassing yourself kid.
    What does 2011 have to do with now? What about the fact that it proved the naysayers, calling 2007 a fluke, wrong thus validating Eli's ability to raise his game. Now considering he threw so many interceptions before that season 25(I think) everyone was tearing him apart so he goes out the next year and rips it up throwing for almost 5000 yards and winning a SB despite a statistically bad defense and rushing attack and racking up a few 4th quarter wins along the way(2 against NE come to mind). So I don't think its a stretch to think he could rebound like he did after his last bad season.

    Eli is a riverboat gambler, when its going good he makes plays that seem impossible and when its bad it looks like he doesn't realize hes on a football field. But he has proven in the past it doesn't matter what people think of his game he can turn it on and win. Sure lots of things would have to go our way but at least if they did we have a quarterback who we know can cash in when the heats on. Not every team can have a Brady/Peyton/Rogers/Brees so why don't we stay with our 2nd tier guy who has championships under his belt. s/ Should NE ditch Brady just because he lost the last 2 superbowls he was in to us, clearly he cant win the big one anymore right?/s

    On topic: It doesn't help that the team always seems to be in flux with coaches coming and leaving and Jerry's bad personnel decisions. Plus when they do make a good move like drafting Bryant it comes with the whole drama scene. Which even if you don't buy into his team at least has to answer stupid questions about it all the time. But like you said other quarter backs have done it and without the heartbreaking season-ending losses, so far it seems he just can't get over the hump. Also maybe his athleticism or mindset because of it works against him in these scenarios, trying to keep the play alive when it should just be thrown away to play another down. Eli had the problem of not throwing away the ball and forcing throws and when he worked on it he won Superbowls in those seasons.
    Last edited by JPP; 01-08-2014 at 06:00 PM.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    What does 2011 have to do with now? What about the fact that it proved the naysayers, calling 2007 a fluke, wrong thus validating Eli's ability to raise his game. Now considering he threw so many interceptions before that season 25(I think) everyone was tearing him apart so he goes out the next year and rips it up throwing for almost 5000 yards and winning a SB despite a statistically bad defense and rushing attack and racking up a few 4th quarter wins along the way(2 against NE come to mind). So I don't think its a stretch to think he could rebound like he did after his last bad season.

    Eli is a riverboat gambler, when its going good he makes plays that seem impossible and when its bad it looks like he doesn't realize hes on a football field. But he has proven in the past it doesn't matter what people think of his game he can turn it on and win. Sure lots of things would have to go our way but at least if they did we have a quarterback who we know can cash in when the heats on. Not every team can have a Brady/Peyton/Rogers/Brees so why don't we stay with our 2nd tier guy who has championships under his belt. s/ Should NE ditch Brady just because he lost the last 2 superbowls he was in to us, clearly he cant win the big one anymore right?/s

    On topic: It doesn't help that the team always seems to be in flux with coaches coming and leaving and Jerry's bad personnel decisions. Plus when they do make a good move like drafting Bryant it comes with the whole drama scene. Which even if you don't buy into his team at least has to answer stupid questions about it all the time. But like you said other quarter backs have done it and without the heartbreaking season-ending losses, so far it seems he just can't get over the hump. Also maybe his athleticism or mindset because of it works against him in these scenarios, trying to keep the play alive when it should just be thrown away to play another down. Eli had the problem of not throwing away the ball and forcing throws and when he worked on it he won Superbowls in those seasons.
    Blah Blah Blah what about all the other players who were apart of the '07 and '11 super bowl wins? Do they get an indefinite pass from you as well, like Eli? How many years does Eli have to play poorly, years removed from the super bowl wins before you start questioning him? All of you adamant defenders of Eli bring up 2011, his best year, to support your argument. 2011 was an outlier, to expect that kind of performance from Eli again, based on what he has done over his entire career, is ludicrous.

    I think people need to come to the realization that Eli is not the Elite QB they so desperately want him to be. Eli is a better than average QB most of the time, and his salary should reflect that. This notion that Eli is an elite quarterback, yet still needs to be surrounded with help is a silly one that a few delusional posters are still clinging to.

  6. #36
    Bench Player Eagle Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    42
    One name......Jerry Jones

  7. #37
    Veteran TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    Oh this is just hilarious coming from you, the person who clearly is the least knowledgeable person on the boards. Keep playing the victim game while throwing out insults yourself you mental midget. You Eli apologists are disgusting, I can't wait till you bandwagon "Giant fans" who are truly Ole Miss fans in disguise vacate the boards for good. You and your ilk are flooding the boards with the immense power of stupidity and irrationality.
    I am one of Eli's biggest fans and have never been to Mississippi.

  8. #38
    Bench Player Eagle Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    42
    Mississippi and Alabama....perfect together!

  9. #39
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    Blah Blah Blah what about all the other players who were apart of the '07 and '11 super bowl wins? Do they get an indefinite pass from you as well, like Eli? How many years does Eli have to play poorly, years removed from the super bowl wins before you start questioning him? All of you adamant defenders of Eli bring up 2011, his best year, to support your argument. 2011 was an outlier, to expect that kind of performance from Eli again, based on what he has done over his entire career, is ludicrous.

    I think people need to come to the realization that Eli is not the Elite QB they so desperately want him to be. Eli is a better than average QB most of the time, and his salary should reflect that. This notion that Eli is an elite quarterback, yet still needs to be surrounded with help is a silly one that a few delusional posters are still clinging to.
    See you're a dope...
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 01-08-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

  10. #40
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Shredder View Post
    Mississippi and Alabama....perfect together!
    Perfect name.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts