+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 110
  1. #41
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    What does 2011 have to do with now? What about the fact that it proved the naysayers, calling 2007 a fluke, wrong thus validating Eli's ability to raise his game. Now considering he threw so many interceptions before that season 25(I think) everyone was tearing him apart so he goes out the next year and rips it up throwing for almost 5000 yards and winning a SB despite a statistically bad defense and rushing attack and racking up a few 4th quarter wins along the way(2 against NE come to mind). So I don't think its a stretch to think he could rebound like he did after his last bad season.

    Eli is a riverboat gambler, when its going good he makes plays that seem impossible and when its bad it looks like he doesn't realize hes on a football field. But he has proven in the past it doesn't matter what people think of his game he can turn it on and win. Sure lots of things would have to go our way but at least if they did we have a quarterback who we know can cash in when the heats on. Not every team can have a Brady/Peyton/Rogers/Brees so why don't we stay with our 2nd tier guy who has championships under his belt. s/ Should NE ditch Brady just because he lost the last 2 superbowls he was in to us, clearly he cant win the big one anymore right?/s

    On topic: It doesn't help that the team always seems to be in flux with coaches coming and leaving and Jerry's bad personnel decisions. Plus when they do make a good move like drafting Bryant it comes with the whole drama scene. Which even if you don't buy into his team at least has to answer stupid questions about it all the time. But like you said other quarter backs have done it and without the heartbreaking season-ending losses, so far it seems he just can't get over the hump. Also maybe his athleticism or mindset because of it works against him in these scenarios, trying to keep the play alive when it should just be thrown away to play another down. Eli had the problem of not throwing away the ball and forcing throws and when he worked on it he won Superbowls in those seasons.
    He doesn't care... he just comes on the mb to bash Eli. It's amazing how we should dismiss the 2 sbs Eli has helped bring here, but Brady is glorified for his 3.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

  2. #42
    Bench Player Eagle Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    42
    Thanks

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    I cant stand him either, but I hope he stays the owner and GM and lives to be 100.
    I hope that the year after Jerry dies or is no longer owning the team, they win it all. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas hoist another lombardi if it were to spit in the face of Jerry, who is really the only cowboy I really hate now...


    Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    See you're a dope...
    You're a genius 420, now run along and edit your posts some more you neurotic psychopath

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    He doesn't care... he just comes on the mb to bash Eli. It's amazing how we should dismiss the 2 sbs Eli has helped bring here, but Brady is glorified for his 3.
    Another insightful post brought to you by someone who was clearly dropped on their head multiple times as a child. Its the only explanation as to why you keep posting these steaming piles of **** you call rational thought.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I hope that the year after Jerry dies or is no longer owning the team, they win it all. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas hoist another lombardi if it were to spit in the face of Jerry, who is really the only cowboy I really hate now...
    But the Cowboy lovers in the media would spin it and say it was due to what Jerry started. I don't hate any players on the Cowboys either. The Eagles are another story.

  7. #47
    Bench Player Eagle Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    42
    The Schmeagles are going to be our competition for some time to come now. I hate them and Romo equally.

  8. #48
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,427
    Cowboys are cursed.... Dez's finger tips touching out of bounds, slick kicker balls, untimely QB-WR miscommunications, a defensive miscommunication... all have contributed to the average Cowboy team over the past 18 seasons.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

    QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

    Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    But the Cowboy lovers in the media would spin it and say it was due to what Jerry started. I don't hate any players on the Cowboys either. The Eagles are another story.
    A lot of Cowboy lovers hate Jerry too though... they hate him for firing Landry (even if the game had started to pass him by by the late 80s), they hate him for having such a disagreement with Jimmy Johnson too for that matter. They hate his personnel decisions like some of us hate Reese's. He's being referred to as "NFC Al Davis" for a reason now... and a lot of cowboy fans agree with that assessment.


    Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

  10. #50
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    Blah Blah Blah what about all the other players who were apart of the '07 and '11 super bowl wins? Do they get an indefinite pass from you as well, like Eli? How many years does Eli have to play poorly, years removed from the super bowl wins before you start questioning him? All of you adamant defenders of Eli bring up 2011, his best year, to support your argument. 2011 was an outlier, to expect that kind of performance from Eli again, based on what he has done over his entire career, is ludicrous.

    I think people need to come to the realization that Eli is not the Elite QB they so desperately want him to be. Eli is a better than average QB most of the time, and his salary should reflect that. This notion that Eli is an elite quarterback, yet still needs to be surrounded with help is a silly one that a few delusional posters are still clinging to.
    Now I know you have an agenda. You've attacked everyone person who has spoke of Eli in a very positive light.

    The user didn't even mention the word "elite" , stop grasping for straws.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts