+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2014 compensatory picks

When do we find out if we get a compensatory pick?

is it too early to know?

they havent announced them yet but i think we should land a few with the likes of bennett, osi, hixon, chase blackburn being lost to FA last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    they havent announced them yet but i think we should land a few with the likes of bennett, osi, hixon, chase blackburn being lost to FA last year.
    I doubt Hixon and Blackburn will net us anything.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

The only one that I think could net us anything might be Osi.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I doubt Hixon and Blackburn will net us anything.
    well it depends who we signed to replace them. im not sure if a trade counts with Beason because that would cancel out him and blackburn. but we replaced hixon with louis murphy, and believe it or not hixon with his 7 rec for 55 yards and 1 td out produced murphy with his 6 rec for 37 yards and a td lol so that will probably be a real late 7th. Bennett will get us a nice pick because he severly outproduced Myers. and same for Osi. we should get 3-4 picks with bennett mayvbe landing us a 5th round comp

well it depends who we signed to replace them. im not sure if a trade counts with Beason because that would cancel out him and blackburn. but we replaced hixon with louis murphy, and believe it or not hixon with his 7 rec for 55 yards and 1 td out produced murphy with his 6 rec for 37 yards and a td lol so that will probably be a real late 7th. Bennett will get us a nice pick because he severly outproduced Myers. and same for Osi. we should get 3-4 picks with bennett mayvbe landing us a 5th round comp
    it doesnt work that way lol. There are only 32 compensetory picks awarded in total. We'd likely only get 1. MAYBE 2 if we're lucky. But even for Osi, we're only talking like 4th, maybe 5th round.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

i really hope we get a decent pick.

We could use them to trade up and draft another project!
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    it doesnt work that way lol. There are only 32 compensetory picks awarded in total. We'd likely only get 1. MAYBE 2 if we're lucky. But even for Osi, we're only talking like 4th, maybe 5th round.
    that actually is exactly how it works lol its just a team gets capped off at 4 picks.

"Under the rules for compensatory draft selections, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents up to a maximum of four"

Source: NFL.com

and Bennett was a lot better than Myers (65 759 5tds for bennett, 47 522 4tds for myers) plus got a lot bigger contract than Myers. so with Bennett and Osi plus maybe a few more, since we didnt really sign anyone and let a few ppl walk, we will probably be looking at more than 1 pick
    Last edited by gibril28wilson; 01-07-2014 at 03:31 PM.