+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL - Billion dollar league with Nickle & Dime refs

It is amazaing with the amount of zebras on the field and a few more in the replay booth that they still have such an impact on so many games. It is really highlighted in the playoffs but goes on all year. Most are old out of shape and obviuosly with poor eyesight. It is really a shame that the NFL can not upgade the refs.

Re: NFL - Billion dollar league with Nickle & Dime refs

agreed they have always been pretty terrible but the past like 4 years have been out of control
    FUTURE NFL STAR

agreed. NFL refs are total joke.

I never understood why the refs are middle aged anyway.

It just seems like common sense to get 25 year old football feinds who can get their asses out of the way and can actually SEE to ref these games/
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

[quote user="burier"]agreed. NFL refs are total joke. I never understood why the refs are middle aged anyway. It just seems like common sense to get 25 year old football feinds who can get their asses out of the way and can actually SEE to ref these games/[/quote]

Its called expirience. Most of these guys have 20+ years in the league.

But I agree.

Im waiting for Apple to come out with the IRef.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="burier"]agreed. NFL refs are total joke. I never understood why the refs are middle aged anyway. It just seems like common sense to get 25 year old football feinds who can get their asses out of the way and can actually SEE to ref these games/[/quote]

But I agree.

[/quote]

IREF= priceless...................... lmfao
    FUTURE NFL STAR

the way they handle challenges is atrocious. Especially now that we review every scoring play.

There should be 1 ref in the booth upstairs, a play is challenged, the ref in the booth reviews the play instantly, the call is made. It should take under 1 minute to throw the flag & have the play reviewed.

I understand they want refs with experience but it would be nice to have some officials who aren't members of AARP.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

But I agree.

[/quote]

huge big ups ...freakin' awesome !!
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="TuckYou"]

But I agree.

[/quote]

Yeah I get the whole experience thing but the experience doesn't seem to be much of benefit at this point as missed calls happen frequently.

The NFL knows this which is why all scoring plays are reviewed. They know the ref will F it up. Plus a quarter of the time they review a play they get it wrong anyway.

And then you've got the phantom holding, phantom illegal contact, phantom PI

And then when those things actually happen they leave the flag in their pocket. They're infuriating.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]the way they handle challenges is atrocious. Especially now that we review every scoring play.

There should be 1 ref in the booth upstairs, a play is challenged, the ref in the booth reviews the play instantly, the call is made. It should take under 1 minute to throw the flag & have the play reviewed.
    [/quote]

Hey TB07, check your inbox.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.