+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do people keep saying we are losing Osi?

There was an article in ESPN about this possibly being his last year. I've seen it on the boards here as well.

Isn't he still under contract?

Why are we "losing" him next year if he is signed for another year making ~$4 million?

Re: Why do people keep saying we are losing Osi?

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]There was an article in ESPN about this possibly being his last year. I've seen it on the boards here as well. Isn't he still under contract? Why are we "losing" him next year if he is signed for another year making ~$4 million?[/quote]

He will be on his last year of a front loaded contract. I think he's making something like $3.5MM next year which is a far cry from the $8 to 10MM he was making a few years ago.

Point is that he will whine, cry and very likely hold out until he gets a new contract or gets dealt. Chances are he will be dealt because we don't need that crap.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]There was an article in ESPN about this possibly being his last year. I've seen it on the boards here as well. Isn't he still under contract? Why are we "losing" him next year if he is signed for another year making ~$4 million?[/quote]

He will be on his last year of a front loaded contract.* I think he's making something like $3.5MM next year which is a far cry from the $8 to 10MM he was making a few years ago.

Point is that he will whine, cry and very likely hold out until he gets a new contract or gets dealt.* Chances are he will be dealt because we don't need that crap.

[/quote]

I think giving him to the Texans for Mario Williams would be a great idea. Both want a new contract and Osi built better for the Texan's scheme, and Mario Williams is built better for ours.

As long as we can afford it...

Giants and Osi don't have any bargaining power to pull off any kind of deal, as good as he is he has only been on the field for 50% of the games this year.

He will be back, no happy, but he will be back.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"][quote user="Morehead State"]

He will be on his last year of a front loaded contract. I think he's making something like $3.5MM next year which is a far cry from the $8 to 10MM he was making a few years ago.

Point is that he will whine, cry and very likely hold out until he gets a new contract or gets dealt. Chances are he will be dealt because we don't need that crap.

[/quote] I think giving him to the Texans for Mario Williams would be a great idea. Both want a new contract and Osi built better for the Texan's scheme, and Mario Williams is built better for ours. As long as we can afford it...[/quote]

It would be a great idea for us . . . not so great for the texans . . . .

He is under contract for one more season but the organization should trade him or just release him to do whats right for Umenyiora ...

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"][quote user="Morehead State"]

He will be on his last year of a front loaded contract.* I think he's making something like $3.5MM next year which is a far cry from the $8 to 10MM he was making a few years ago.

Point is that he will whine, cry and very likely hold out until he gets a new contract or gets dealt.* Chances are he will be dealt because we don't need that crap.

[/quote] I think giving him to the Texans for Mario Williams would be a great idea. Both want a new contract and Osi built better for the Texan's scheme, and Mario Williams is built better for ours. As long as we can afford it...[/quote]

[/quote]

meaning it aint happening

its funny how so many people think teams are gonna line up to get traderaped by us
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="shocknaweny"]He is under contract for one more season but the organization should trade him or just release him to do whats right for Umenyiora ...[/quote]

Osi signed this contract of his own free will no?

...the tortillas are dry...

[quote user="burier"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] meaning it aint happening its funny how so many people think teams are gonna line up to get traderaped by us[/quote]

+1

i don't get it either.

Mario Williams for Osi? On what planet?

All-Pro

[quote user="shocknaweny"]He is under contract for one more season but the organization should trade him or just release him to do whats right for Umenyiora ...[/quote]

why?, he is in his contract year, he will play his butt off to make as much money as possible next year ... no way should we get rid of him ... we are in the drivers seat

we had the same debates in the summer ... everyone either wanted him gone or even those that didn't want him gone, were like, he's gone ... i was like, he ain't going anywhere b/c his agent will never find a team willing to part with a #1 pick and he can't hold out all season b/c his value would diminish greatly

now he is making big plays for us, so we won the game of chicken

i wouldn't have a problem if we maybe bumped him to $4MM and gave him some incentives to earn more, but the only catch is that then you set a predecent for any player that outplays his contract

and it works both ways, while Canty has started to earn his money as of late ... he certainly didn't last season and it's not like he wrote us a rebate check for under-performing

having Osi in a contract year is a great thing for us

finally i don't hold it against Osi for wanting more money, it's a brutal game and he has gotten banged up and is over 30 and while he is one of the best outside pass rushers in the game ... his value isn't nearly as high as you might think b/c of the age/injuries ... teams are basically looking to find the next Osi