+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State

If here's there at 12, he's too good to pass up I think. The CB position is deep this year, deeper than OL and LB, which are other areas we could pick at 1. We do have holes, but I also don't think we are that far off - we still have a core. With a good draft, judicious signings, and FA pick ups, we are there in the thick of things.

Anyway, Dennard would make for a nice secondary. Prince and Darqueze at CB, and Rolle and Hill/Brown at Safety. A good secondary makes for a good pass rush, and vice versa. I think we could sign a OL, and draft another one at 2 or 3. I think the Panthers or Seahawks will represent the NFC is the SuperBowl, and a big part of that will be because of the D. I am all for the Giants bolstering the D.

I want either Dennard or Mosley unless someone like Barr or Watkins falls (doubt it). Khalil Mack is another guy that I would be more than happy with if we selected him in the 1st. Dennard and Prince would be really good starters and have McBride and Hosley behind them with Rolle, Will Hill, Stevie Brown maybe too and that is a pretty damn sick secondary

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

me like Dennard

Veteran
    I like the kid, I just think he needs to polish his technique fast before he hits the NFL. he is aggressive, but I also think that aggressiveness will be the result of a lot of penalties in the pros. If he is there at 12 then he is the obvious choice over Mosley imho

All in on this one. This would give us two young CBs with a great deal of ability.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I want either Dennard or Mosley unless someone like Barr or Watkins falls (doubt it). Khalil Mack is another guy that I would be more than happy with if we selected him in the 1st. Dennard and Prince would be really good starters and have McBride and Hosley behind them with Rolle, Will Hill, Stevie Brown maybe too and that is a pretty damn sick secondary
    Indeed. I want Big Blue to have a secondary like Seatlle's and a Front Seven like Carolina. Getting Dennard will be a step in that direction. Even in a pass happy league, I still think defenses and running the ball gets you wins in December and January. Instead of trying to out score opponents, there are still ways to stop them.

BTW, I'd love CJ Mosley and Lamarcus Joyner with picks 1 & 2. After resigning Tuck and Beason, and having a healthy JPP, adding Mosley and Joyner would be an inside upgrade to the D's speed and athleticism. Heck, there might be a nice DE in the 3rd round for us to nab.

Somebody should post some vids of him in the thread. Theres tons of em in Redeyes other draft spot. Draftbreakdown.. This guys a physical beast. I love physical corners, albeit, i do fall for some finesse ones at times as well, a physical "TT" kinda corner who can make plays on the ball is my kinda corner..

I think he is a very real possibility.

Wasn't his best game but played well in run defense

Got beat once because he got his head around late but had 2 INT's and a big hit. Also solid tackling as usual on the other plays by him

Absolutely shutdown in this game vs Ohio St. This was the game that really made me think he can be a shutdown NFL CB. Good tackling as well

Got beat once here on a nice catch and looked like a little bit of a push off... dropped a pick 6 but solid game

Probably his worst tackling game that I have seen but still ended up with an INT

This was early on and he got tested a lot. You can see how he was too handsy and aggressive when the ball was in the air. He really improved on that I think closer to the end of the season