+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GIants' Free Agents: Can Andre Brown Carry The Load At Running Back?

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I don't even think Brown can handle 175 carries. He had what 140 this year in 8 games. Look at the toll that took on him for the last few games, where he was pathetic and pretty much limping all over. Brown can handle 10-12 carries a game at an effective level. Anymore than that, and his body will just not hold up over the course of a season.
    I want us to get back to the 2008 Giants offense where we had 3 legitimate RB's

AB is a decent back who always gets injured and I think the Giants can do better, the problem I have with bringing in another back is if he isn't a good blocker he won't play so that has to be a priority with whoever we bring in here .

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I want us to get back to the 2008 Giants offense where we had 3 legitimate RB's
    That would be great, but I also want to see a young guy brought in who has the ability to be a 3down back and can handle 20-25 carries.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why without knowing who the 4th is?
    Even if the 4th was some stud, you still have to have higher quality players behind him in case of injury

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Even if the 4th was some stud, you still have to have higher quality players behind him in case of injury
    We will just agree to disagree. Its all about the Oline, if that doesn't change, nothing else will on offense. We have to spend money and we have to spend it wisely.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Brown is a guy that gets hurt every year, fumbles, and seems to wear down rather quick as the carries mount. I'd just like to at least see them attempt to upgrade there before settling with what they had last season.
    He runs well but I agree he can't carry the load by himself, no matter what jakk thinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

No Oline, No Holes to run through for our RBs... and Eli will continue to eat turf....

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Brown is a guy that gets hurt every year, fumbles, and seems to wear down rather quick as the carries mount. I'd just like to at least see them attempt to upgrade there before settling with what they had last season.
    TT was a guy who got hurt every year.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Andre is a good RB, but he isn't durable enough to carry the load as the featured back. Too injury prone.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Regardless of Brown's ability and durability, we have a huge question mark in Wilson, and nothing beyond him. I can't comprehend going through the off-season and NOT picking up a running back. I would say RB is somewhere in the first four rounds of the draft, depending on who's available.

+ Reply to Thread