+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    I totally agree with you but I still have no reason to believe that Cox is a guy we can get excited about or rely on even if our Oline improves. If Cox were any good, even with a bad Oline he would have played ahead of a guy we recruited off his couch and out of the NFL right?
    If we had a good OL, we could easily platoon Brown, Cox, and one other speed back (if Wilson is indeed down for the count, I'm thinking Jernigan could fill in that role, or we could grab a sleeper like Silas Redd in the draft). It worked for us in 2008.

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

we definitely need an upgrade at RB for next year, if any of our RBs look good to anybody its because its easy to look good when everybody else is crap.

I think we just need depth for injury concerns. I think Hillis and Brown are both quality backs. Cox has fresh legs. Wilson is the Xfactor.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think we just need depth for injury concerns. I think Hillis and Brown are both quality backs. Cox has fresh legs. Wilson is the Xfactor.
    Given the right offensive line combination.... I agree...its just enough running back by committee to compliment what should be ...at least on paper a good passing attack
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Given the right offensive line combination.... I agree...its just enough running back by committee to compliment what should be ...at least on paper a good passing attack
    When I say quality I don't mean they are superstars or dynamic playmakers. I mean I think they can have some success behind a good run blocking O-line.

Wilson is the only kid I see in our backfield that has that game breaking ability right now. I really hope the kid can have a full recovery.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

trade for a featured back. broken foot and over the hillis isnt going to cut it for a full season unfortunately.

To answer the original question, hell no. Way too injury prone and has fumblitis. Imo, he is a 3rd stringer on any other team. When a player has a ton of "ifs", he is probably not worth much effort.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why get hung up on his "carrying the load" when he can platoon with Hillis and whoever else survives camp?
    100% agree. We don't need a "feature back", we need a revamped OL that blocks and a RB that simply gets the job done, blocks, and holds onto the ball. A back that can catch the ball out of the backfield to add a little versatility and give Eli some high percentage throws would be a bonus.
    Last edited by dakotajoe; 01-11-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    100% agree. We don't need a "feature back", we need a revamped OL that blocks and a RB that simply gets the job done, blocks, and holds onto the ball.
    You just described a feature back.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    You just described a feature back.
    In a perfect world a back has all of those qualities. Some backs have the majority of those qualities but lack explosion and find themselves out of the NFL. For example, Hillis (I know he's had fumbling issues).

I rather sign two complimentary RBs that may not have all those skills rather than putting all my eggs in one basket and signing a feature back to a big contract.
    Last edited by dakotajoe; 01-11-2014 at 09:15 PM.