+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Considering the giants were in the bottom of the pack in rushing attempts I'd say no rb we had could carry the load. I think we need to look for a few new running backs. Connor should stay... I liked Hillis...

The problem was we really will never know what the rbs will do. When kg was calling the plays he wasn't a running OC. We never gave a back or a committee an average of 20+ every game. They were always looking to make Eli and co. the source of the spotlight.

It's cool with me but at the end of the day we need OL and rbs that can carry a load.
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bruno View Post
    When kg was calling the plays he wasn't a running OC. We never gave a back or a committee an average of 20+ every game. They were always looking to make Eli and co. the source of the spotlight.
    That isn't true, they absolutely caned Brown when he returned. He had, what, 30 carries? They did the same with Jacobs and Hillis. They wanted to run.

We are very lucky to have gotten Brown back......hes just a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    That isn't true, they absolutely caned Brown when he returned. He had, what, 30 carries? They did the same with Jacobs and Hillis. They wanted to run.
    1 game? 2 games? Tc always preached balance. I'll bet there are very little games that we ran more than passed.
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bruno View Post
    1 game? 2 games? Tc always preached balance. I'll bet there are very little games that we ran more than passed.
    Few teams run more than they pass, and that wasn't your original assertion. You said that KG never gave a committee an average of 20+ carries per game, yet the Giants averaged 21.5 rush attempts per game over the length of the season. From the Chicago (Jacobs) game onwards, they averaged 25 rush attempts per game:

Code:
    VS      PASS     RUSH

DAL     42       12
    DEN     49       19
    CAR     27       15
    KC      37       19
    PHI     52       17
    CHI     26       26
    MIN     39       29
    PHI     39       29
    OAK     22       35
    GB      35       24
    DAL     30       30
    WAS     28       20
    SD      32       20
    SEA     35       14
    DET     42       19
    WAS     32       30

We didn't run because we couldn't run.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

No way no how. Brown is not a feature back. We need an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We didn't run because we couldn't run.
    Which we can solve with a fortified OLine
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    I question only his durability...not his heart or toughness. Unfortunatley though...no.

No way time for a change.