+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Before they mentioned Wilson's surgery, I was hoping they would finally get the chance to be good together... guess that's not happening in 2014.

Part of me wants to try Jernigan as our speed back to switch up with Brown. Would alleviate the logjam at slot WR (although he could still play over there in the event of a Cruz injury), we now know definitively that he can catch, he's the fastest man on the roster now with Wilson sidelined (not to mention he demonstrated greater agility than Wilson on that end-around), and he would be able to do a lot for us, kinda like Cobb over in Green Bay.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-09-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

the way i see it, we want to get back to before wilson actually ever even played a snap after drafting him with all that potential in our thoughts, that mentality and attitude. and that was "we had a potential superstar and Brown backing him up."

that should be the goal. "could" brown carry the load? yeah. he did so the final 8 weeks or so for the most part. those first 4 games he came back, he did look nasty good. but ultimately, i think we'll be where we want to be if we can get a guy who is even better than brown, and more dynamic. so brown could be the 2nd of a 1-2 punch at rb...thats my take at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Before they mentioned Wilson's surgery, I was hoping they would finally get the chance to be good together... guess that's not happening in 2014.

Part of me wants to try Jernigan as our speed back to switch up with Brown. Would alleviate the logjam at slot WR (although he could still play over there in the event of a Cruz injury), we now know definitively that he can catch, he's the fastest man on the roster now with Wilson sidelined (not to mention he demonstrated greater agility than Wilson on that end-around), and he would be able to do a lot for us, kinda like Cobb over in Green Bay.
    Wow u just dont get it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Interesting idea, if he can block Jernigan has speed, but the biggest problem is the same problem Wilson had, which is blocking.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    No. Andre can't carry the load. I have no confidence he can stay healthy the entire season. There is no need. I think Hillis showed he is capable to help with the load. I'm hopeful Wilson can be back to be the streak of lightening behind the 2 thunder boomers of Brown and Hillis. Cox is still a question mark back there. I honestly have no take on him, other than he seems to run hard. Seems like a running back will be needed in the draft or FA as there is uncertainty with Brown's and Wilson's health.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 01-10-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    I don't believe Andre can carry the team but he can and is a good lead back who's durable and tough.
    Que?

Wilson is a gonner and as much as I love Brown, I'm worried he can't carry the load. Brown looked hurt the last 3 games. Hillis can get you 3 yards and a cloud of dust but scares no one. Cox sucks!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Que?
    HAHAHA. I know. I just kinda let that one go. Brown and durable are incompatible.

I don't think you give Hillis his due PennState. He's a hard nosed runner and cracked off some nice runs. And that is coming in cold. I'm not saying he can take it to the house, but he is capable of good 1st down yardage. Especially with Zn o- line upgrade. And he can catch.

I like Hillis as a guy who gets you the tough 3 yards and a first down. Yes, he can catch. He made a fine contribution given the circumstances but he's not going to carry a team to a Super Bowl.

Hillis is our John Kuhn but he will never be a Lacey.
    Last edited by PennState1; 01-10-2014 at 01:59 AM.