+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 111

Thread: GIants' Free Agents: Can Andre Brown Carry The Load At Running Back?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Brown is a guy who heads North and has the patience to wait for his blocking to create a seam. Hills is the only bona fide check down option we've had in a long time. One guy doesn't have to do it all and both of these guys block better than anyone else we've had other than Jacobs. Maybe if we get a great blocking TE, the blocking won't be as significant in the backfield.
    Brown is a guy that gets hurt every year, fumbles, and seems to wear down rather quick as the carries mount. I'd just like to at least see them attempt to upgrade there before settling with what they had last season.

  2. #42
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Brown is a guy that gets hurt every year, fumbles, and seems to wear down rather quick as the carries mount. I'd just like to at least see them attempt to upgrade there before settling with what they had last season.
    The Gianst need a stable of 4 RBs. Brown can certainly be one of them but in the current state they have no "featured" back so to speak.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    The Gianst need a stable of 4 RBs. Brown can certainly be one of them but in the current state they have no "featured" back so to speak.
    This. We have possibly Brown, Hillis and Cox as 3 of the 4. I am not expecting Wilson this year so I am not counting him. That means we need a lead back. Brown is fine as the 2nd back but he cannot carry the load. He is not a feature back as he is not really good at anything besides being patient. That patience doesnt ultimately lead to much though as he has no burst through the hole.

  4. #44
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,203
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    This. We have possibly Brown, Hillis and Cox as 3 of the 4. I am not expecting Wilson this year so I am not counting him. That means we need a lead back. Brown is fine as the 2nd back but he cannot carry the load. He is not a feature back as he is not really good at anything besides being patient. That patience doesnt ultimately lead to much though as he has no burst through the hole.
    We absolutely cannot go into next season with Brown, Hiilis and Cox as 3 of our 4 RB's . . . .

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    We absolutely cannot go into next season with Brown, Hiilis and Cox as 3 of our 4 RB's . . . .
    I agree but I think that is what we will do. I think we need to sign a RB in FA as well as draft one. Then choose between Hillis and Brown on which we would like to keep. Personally I would keep Hillis.

  6. #46
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,380
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    We absolutely cannot go into next season with Brown, Hiilis and Cox as 3 of our 4 RB's . . . .
    Why without knowing who the 4th is?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-10-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why without knowing who the 4th is?
    With these 3, the 4th guy better be the starter.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-10-2014 at 09:38 AM.

  8. #48
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,380
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    With these 3, the 4th guy better be the starter.
    I suggesting we don't have a "starter" or that whoever takes the first snap is a "starter" and that could change game to game.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    With these 3, the 4th guy better be the starter.
    And you just know that unless a low draft pick hits, that 4th will be a cheapo FA. Jackie Battle, come on down.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    And you just know that unless a low draft pick hits, that 4th will be a cheapo FA. Jackie Battle, come on down.
    If we are going to go that route, trade a 6th rounder to the Saints for Ingram. At least there is upside there. I would think in FA our targets would be Starks and Gerhart. Maybe the Law Firm too.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts