+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GIants' Free Agents: Can Andre Brown Carry The Load At Running Back?

NO! He hasn't shown that capability health wise or talent wise

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    So much negativity already. If, (and that can be a big if) we can bring in some quality O-Linemen, we can get positive yardage from Hillis and Brown. I don't know what Cox will be bringing to the table next year, no one does. We may not get that homerun guy for 2014. Guys like Peterson etc. are rare these days. And he was a breath away from losing his career to an ACL tear. A quality line will improve everything. Even Eli's play. Let's see what FA and the draft brings before we beat down guys who slogged through terrible blocking for tough yards. Add to that we don't know what a new OC will do to shake up the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    So much negativity already. If, (and that can be a big if) we can bring in some quality O-Linemen, we can get positive yardage from Hillis and Brown. I don't know what Cox will be bringing to the table next year, no one does. We may not get that homerun guy for 2014. Guys like Peterson etc. are rare these days. And he was a breath away from losing his career to an ACL tear. A quality line will improve everything. Even Eli's play. Let's see what FA and the draft brings before we beat down guys who slogged through terrible blocking for tough yards. Add to that we don't know what a new OC will do to shake up the offense.
    A lot of magic 8 balls are overheating
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    A lot of magic 8 balls are overheating
    Everyone's is, because right now, Michael Cox is the Giants' only running back. There are no facts to discuss here, only opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Everyone's is, because right now, Michael Cox is the Giants' only running back. There are no facts to discuss here, only opinions.
    A great advertisement to wait for the facts before we declare the next decade a disaster lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Brown is a top tier RB
    We are lucky to have him, and one of the few players I admire and Tom Coughlin feels the same about

He's not going anywhere
    Expect a 5 year deal with a 2 yr guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Brown is a top tier RB
    We are lucky to have him, and one of the few players I admire and Tom Coughlin feels the same about

He's not going anywhere
    Expect a 5 year deal with a 2 yr guarantee
    LOL. Brown is nowhere near a top tier RB!! He is average! This position even if Brown is signed does not have a starter. That needs to be addressed.

Whats carry the load? if your expecting Brown to have 300 carries your crazy. Can Brown be the Giants number 1 back and get 200 carries? I would hope so but history points to no with him. I expect the Giants to make sure there are at least 3 RB's on the roster capable of handling 15-20 carries if need be. If im the Giants FO I bring back Brown, Draft another back in the middle rounds "WHO KNOWS HOW TO PICK UP A BLITZ" and Sign a mid level FA like James Starks. If Wilson can play great but Im not counting on him at all

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Whats carry the load? if your expecting Brown to have 300 carries your crazy. Can Brown be the Giants number 1 back and get 200 carries? I would hope so but history points to no with him. I expect the Giants to make sure there are at least 3 RB's on the roster capable of handling 15-20 carries if need be. If im the Giants FO I bring back Brown, Draft another back in the middle rounds "WHO KNOWS HOW TO PICK UP A BLITZ" and Sign a mid level FA like James Starks
    I don't even think Brown can handle 175 carries. He had what 140 this year in 8 games. Look at the toll that took on him for the last few games, where he was pathetic and pretty much limping all over. Brown can handle 10-12 carries a game at an effective level. Anymore than that, and his body will just not hold up over the course of a season.

I am completely fine with brown, hillis and a FA as the 1,2,3 punch....as long as the line is revamped

IMO i think Brown can get you a minimum of 65 yards to about 110 yards in any giving game with a decent O-Line..... and thats with sharing the load..... with the load being 50% brown, 35% hillis and 15% 3rd stringer whether it be cox or free agent... Now if the free agent is better than hillis then i think the load evens out between all 3

Of course Brown being healthy is the big question.... Thats why we might need a decent Free Agent who can fight Hillis and maybe even Brown for the RB position

+ Reply to Thread