+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    He ruined our season.........ae you happy with the little flipper??

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Where did I mention Wilson? I am a Wilson fan but I know he is probably not going to be there next year. I want the Giants to upgrade that position. Andre Brown is not a starting caliber RB. Last 3 games 40 carries 69 yards. Yeah, he's top tier. lol
    Now go research how many games the Giants won over the last two miserable years when Brown was the feature back

I believe its 12 wins and 5 losses.........there's yds and theres tough yds and there is something called RB blocks

Brown was good in that goal line role he had in 2012, hopefully he can return to that. I'll be worried if he's expected to be the lead dog.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Now go research how many games the Giants won over the last two miserable years when Brown was the feature back

I believe its 12 wins and 5 losses.........there's yds and theres tough yds and there is something called RB blocks
    again hes always leading the way in giants victories during miserable years .....he must be having some positive effect or he's just a lucky charm

when Others start we usually lose

So if you want to say Andre Brown is a major reason, knock yourself out. He came back this year against the crap opponents we beat and played well for about 4 games. After that he stunk up the joint. 40 carries for 69 yards in the last three games, two of those games we won. Brown is average in every way.

Also, I am not going to speak of Wilson anymore as I do not see him coming back. I want a number one RB on this team. Andre Brown is not good enough to be that guy.

Can we talk about Cox for a second ? We were in super special need for ANY running back to step up this year before we brought back BJ and brought in Hillis. Both Cox and Scott were in prime positions to step up and prove that they could be viable NFL RBs. Both sucked so hard so we resorted to an old but loved BJ and a guy on his couch out of the NFL.

Meanwhile,TB went trough 4 RBs on their roster and each one produced results. So did a whole slew of other 2nd, 3rd and 4th string RBs for other franchises. Our number 3 and 4 RBs were HORRIBLE! If they were even marginally serviceable they would have had a great opportunity to play but both were so bad that one was released and the other sat on the bench.

Why in the world would we think that Cox will somehow develop into a serviceable backup let alone a reliable starter?

If you guys agree with me, then we have Brown and Hillis and that 's all . Is this not a major problem ? Yes, I agree, the O line needs trumps all and we have a bunch of other needs but the way I see it, if we lock down Brown and Hillis , we still need 2 more RBs !
    Last edited by PennState1; 01-11-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Can we talk about Cox for a second ? We were in super special need for ANY running back to step up this year before we brought back BJ and brought in Hillis. Both Cox and Scott were in prime positions to step up and prove that they could be viable NFL RBs. Both sucked so hard so we resorted to an old but loved BJ and a guy on his couch out of the NFL.

Meanwhile,TB went trough 4 RBs on their roster and each one produced results. So did a whole slew of other 2nd, 3rd and 4th string RBs for other franchises. Our number 3 and 4 RBs were HORRIBLE! If they were even marginally serviceable they would have had a great opportunity to play but both were so bad that one was released and the other sat on the bench.

Why in the world would we think that Cox will somehow develop into a serviceable backup let alone a reliable starter?

If you guys agree with me, then we have Brown and Hillis and that 's all . Is this not a major problem ? Yes, I agree, the O line needs trumps all and we have a bunch of other needs but the way I see it, if we lock down Brown and Hillis , we still need 2 more RBs !
    I think having powerful OL is what makes some of these big name RBs. Minnesota defeated the eagles with their 3rd string RB starting. Tampa Bay got reliable rushing production out of 3rd/4th string rookies with their first two RBs on IR. Kansas City put up a huge fight with Knile Davis as their RB, in the playoffs. I believe now that OL factors more into RB production than ever before.

Another exhibit: the 2012 season. Giants got off to a slow start, but picked up with Diehl got hurt and Locklear made the starter. Then Diehl came back, we started sucking again, until TC finally benched Diehl to let Locklear play, upon which we rebounded. Then Locklear got hurt in Washington, we bombed out the next two games, and out of the playoffs.

One other thing about the teams I mentioned in the top paragraph? They all like to use their RB as a receiver from time to time, especially KC. Good OL means you're not forced into this bass-ackwards way of thinking where blocking is more important for a RB than, you know, running. The thing that is actually in the job title. Which means on passing downs they're an extra eligible receiver on the field.
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think having powerful OL is what makes some of these big name RBs. Minnesota defeated the eagles with their 3rd string RB starting. Tampa Bay got reliable rushing production out of 3rd/4th string rookies with their first two RBs on IR. Kansas City put up a huge fight with Knile Davis as their RB, in the playoffs. I believe now that OL factors more into RB production than ever before.

Another exhibit: the 2012 season. Giants got off to a slow start, but picked up with Diehl got hurt and Locklear made the starter. Then Diehl came back, we started sucking again, until TC finally benched Diehl to let Locklear play, upon which we rebounded. Then Locklear got hurt in Washington, we bombed out the next two games, and out of the playoffs.

One other thing about the teams I mentioned in the top paragraph? They all like to use their RB as a receiver from time to time, especially KC. Good OL means you're not forced into this bass-ackwards way of thinking where blocking is more important for a RB than, you know, running. The thing that is actually in the job title. Which means on passing downs they're an extra eligible receiver on the field.
    I totally agree with you but I still have no reason to believe that Cox is a guy we can get excited about or rely on even if our Oline improves. If Cox were any good, even with a bad Oline he would have played ahead of a guy we recruited off his couch and out of the NFL right?

And Scott turned out to be a disaster right?

again hes always leading the way in giants victories during miserable years .....he must be having some positive effect or he's just a lucky charm

when Others start we usually lose
    Agreed , hes not the best but if we had a O-line that can block for at least a few seconds the passing game and running game will both easily improve