+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manning talks about possible retirement

Veteran

Manning talks about possible retirement

Peyton that is:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...career-is-near

He just gets better as he gets older. Would he consider coaching up Eli when his playing career is done?

Quote Originally Posted by jintsrule View Post
    Peyton that is:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...career-is-near

He just gets better as he gets older. Would he consider coaching up Eli when his playing career is done?
    lol....that would never happen but I wouldn't mind it.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    lol....that would never happen but I wouldn't mind it.
    He already pretty much admitted to unofficially doing just that while rehabbing his neck in 2011...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

I thought this would be in general sports more than smack talk, but interesting nonetheless.

I think he'll play one more year after this. Demaryius Thomas, Welker, Julius Thomas, Ryan Clady and Von Miller. These guys' contracts all expire in 2015, and I doubt they'll be able to keep half of them, let alone all.

Peyton's smart enough to know that he's getting older, although you wouldn't know it by the way he plays, and that the end will come sooner rather than later. I can see him maybe playing two more years and then retiring. He won't be like Favre and retire, unretire, retire, unretire, etc.

And I doubt he'll be coaching Eli up and I doubt Eli would want Peyton to coach him up. Both have admitted that they talk football and compare notes, but that's about it. Besides, what 33-year-old really wants their big brother to 'coach them up?'
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I think he'll play one more year after this. Demaryius Thomas, Welker, Julius Thomas, Ryan Clady and via Miller. These guys' contracts all expire in 2015, and I doubt they'll be able to keep half of them, let alone all.
    This sounds reasonable. It's gonna be crazy having an NFL without Peyton/Tom..

Humor me for a second....

-Eli played his best season ever when Peyton was out with the neck injury. Eli also plays his best ball in the postseason, usually when Peyton is already eliminated for the season. Peyton just happened to have the best season of his career, while Eli had his worst. It was complete opposite of the spectrum.

-Before JPP was drafted, Tuck was one the best DE's in the league. Since JPP was drafted, that changed dramatically. Tuck "then" played his best ball over the last two years when "JPP" went out this year with his shoulder injury and looked like the Tuck of old.

Is it me or does anyone else think this way or notice these kinds of trends. Okay.... so this is where I'm going with this. According to my theory , if Peyton retires, Eli should then, reclaim all of the "mojo" previously stolen from him and become an elite QB once again. The sad part of my theory is....If JPP comes back healthy next year and Tuck is re-signed....expect Tuck to suck once again.

All in theory of course and because I'm bored at the moment. Goodnight and thank you for reading.
    Last edited by titwio; 01-11-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Humor me for a second....

-Eli played his best season ever when Peyton was out with the neck injury. Eli also plays his best ball in the postseason, usually when Peyton is already eliminated for the season. Peyton just happened to have the best season of his career, while Eli had his worst. It was complete opposite of the spectrum.
    Ah, you've learned of the Law of Conservation of Manning.

-Before JPP was drafted, Tuck was one the best DE's in the league. Since JPP was drafted, that changed dramatically. Tuck "then" played his best ball over the last two years when "JPP" went out this year with his shoulder injury and looked like the Tuck of old.

Is it me or does anyone else think this way or notice these kinds of trends. Okay.... so this is where I'm going with this. According to my theory , if Peyton retires, Eli should then, reclaim all of the "mojo" previously stolen from him and become an elite QB once again. The sad part of my theory is....If JPP comes back healthy next year and Tuck is re-signed....expect Tuck to suck once again.

All in theory of course and because I'm bored at the moment. Goodnight and thank you for reading.
    Okay, the JPP theory I hadn't thought of.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

+ Reply to Thread