+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Because I want Manziel....I would gladly give the Texans Eli and a #2 to get Manziel
    #2 u mean a 2nd round pick? trying to figure out the trade parameters. I wonder if a they would even do that , probably not. They might if it was the 12th pick
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-12-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Good for you.........I do. I think he has HOF potential

he is a shrimp as a QB...
    you don't like small players. You make fun of them all the time
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he is a shrimp as a QB...
    you don't like small players. You make fun of them all the time
    I think manziel could have some short term success the way he plays right now but it will only be a matter of time until he gets hurt. He is listed at 6'1 210 which I believe is generous. The athletic gap will close where the missed shoe string tackles will turn into full blown collisions. Now if Manziel reinvents his game and plays from the pocket like Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers then he could have success however I dont get the sense from Manziel that putting long hours into changing his game will be what he wants to do. There would be no way if I was a GM or Owner I would want the face of my franchise to be Manziel, and even if he was an All Pro I could live with myself passing on him.

Veteran
    tucker, his numbers weren't as lofty as last but they're very good. Sure his game will have to adjust to the Pro level, but keep in mind he is for real and in today's game, quarterbacks wear dresses. He doesn't have to worry about the abuse that Phil Simms had to worry about. He will do well in this league.

How many compare to these?
    Tossed for 37tds...13ints...4100yds...70%comp
    Ran for 9tds..............760yds.....5ypc.

Quote Originally Posted by tuckerd4 View Post
    You dont want Johnny, he was not very good this year.. nothing like last year.
    Last edited by STAR; 01-12-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by domsgiants View Post
    Way the heck do we care who the **** the texans pick? You have to make the dumbest threads on this board
    Because whoever they pick, we can't pick?

Personally, I think John Manziel can be a good QB in the league. I am not sure he will be a HOF player though because In see him only playing like 5 years. He is going to get banged up hard. He needs to change his style of play, and you saw how that affected RGMe this season.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

I think it is the total opposite, I think if you take Manziel over Bridgewater because your buying into the COLLEGE HYPE you will end up making a HUGE MISTAKE

Not saying Manziel is not going to be good in the NFL I just like Bridgewater and Blake Bortles potential better as far as translating to the NFL and it has nothing to do with "SIZE"

Texans should take Clowney! Clowney and Watt together would be AMAZING for the Texans!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I think it is the total opposite, I think if you take Manziel over Bridgewater because your buying into the COLLEGE HYPE you will end up making a HUGE MISTAKE

Not saying Manziel is not going to be good in the NFL I just like Bridgewater and Blake Bortles potential better as far as translating to the NFL and it has nothing to do with "SIZE"

Texans should take Clowney! Clowney and Watt together would be AMAZING for the Texans!
    I agree.. I've heard something about Houston trading their 2nd rounder for Ryan Mallet also

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think manziel could have some short term success the way he plays right now but it will only be a matter of time until he gets hurt. He is listed at 6'1 210 which I believe is generous. The athletic gap will close where the missed shoe string tackles will turn into full blown collisions. Now if Manziel reinvents his game and plays from the pocket like Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers then he could have success however I dont get the sense from Manziel that putting long hours into changing his game will be what he wants to do. There would be no way if I was a GM or Owner I would want the face of my franchise to be Manziel, and even if he was an All Pro I could live with myself passing on him.
    Manziel spent a good portion of his final season throwing from the pocket. It was definitely a lot more than his freshman year. He can do it and does have the capability....I just don't know if it'll be smart to make him that guy. I feel coaches have to be more creative with him to be successful. He's better rolling out and throwing on the run.

Your right about the 6'1 generous height given....he looks more like 5'11 to me. He has pics of himself standing next to Chris Paul who's 6'0 and Paul is clearly taller by a good inch or so. If Manziel was made into a pocket passer, the first thing I think he'll have to change is his trajectory on the ball. Smaller QB's like Brees or Wilson throw over the top high arching throws...Manziel is lot more even and line drive. NFL lineman will be all over those.

I think they will go Clowney. Bill O'Brein already stated he wants a QB that is a hard worker and studies the game. First guy in Last guy out type of guy ...that rules out Manziel unless his PR team turns around his image in the next 3 months. Clowney and Watt will be a sick duo. A sure thing on a rookie pay scale is a no brainer.

Living in Houston I have a strong feeling they might go with a veteran QB like McCown or someone else for a year and wait for some of the better prospects next year. Bortles is a candidate but only if they trade down.

They need to rebuild the right side of their line before they can get a franchise signal caller and get their running game back on track. They also have major secondary issues also and need to address that or their rookie QB will be coming back from behind way too much.