+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Manziel spent a good portion of his final season throwing from the pocket. It was definitely a lot more than his freshman year. He can do it and does have the capability....I just don't know if it'll be smart to make him that guy. I feel coaches have to be more creative with him to be successful. He's better rolling out and throwing on the run.

Your right about the 6'1 generous height given....he looks more like 5'11 to me. He has pics of himself standing next to Chris Paul who's 6'0 and Paul is clearly taller by a good inch or so. If Manziel was made into a pocket passer, the first thing I think he'll have to change is his trajectory on the ball. Smaller QB's like Brees or Wilson throw over the top high arching throws...Manziel is lot more even and line drive. NFL lineman will be all over those.
    Thats something that gets overlooked sometimes when discussing Wilson his release point is actually higher than QB's 3 or 4 inches taller. Another thing about Manziel is the line play he has been afforded is unprecedented. He has had the number 1 rated tackle in the 2013,2014, and right now projected 2015 Draft. Last year they all played together on the same Oline, He also has 1 of the best centers in college football. He will almost certainly be drafted to a team where the Oline play will be much worse than what he had at A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thats something that gets overlooked sometimes when discussing Wilson his release point is actually higher than QB's 3 or 4 inches taller. Another thing about Manziel is the line play he has been afforded is unprecedented. He has had the number 1 rated tackle in the 2013,2014, and right now projected 2015 Draft. Last year they all played together on the same Oline, He also has 1 of the best centers in college football. He will almost certainly be drafted to a team where the Oline play will be much worse than what he had at A&M.
    Yet he still had to run around in circles. I dont think the line play will factor much with him, just as it doesnt with Wilson. Those QBs find ways to scramble and buy time. My biggest concerns with JManziel is can he stay healthy and can he stay out of trouble off the field.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."