+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offensive line

Offensive line

For those of you who watched the playoff games this weekend the biggest takeaway I have from those games is that you cannot win without at least a good offensive line. Exhibit A: Seahawks OL had their way with a pretty good Saints front 7 as marshawn lynch had lots of room to run. B) Inclement weather forced the pats to run and the Pats OL dominated the Colts front 7- heck Blount ran for 166 yards. C) Broncos OL (in contrast to chargers OL) got consistent push against an underrated Chargers front 7 and kept manning upright the whole game.

This is why we need to upgrade at AT LEAST 1 spot on the OL preferably at 1 guard spot and at center. Take a guard in 2nd and a center in the 3rd/4th or in FA.

Veteran
    The worst pressure a qb can feel is right up the middle. Thats where a lot of Eli's pressure came from. Fixing the interior o-line should be and will be priority 1 for Reese. Hopefully all the money we have to spend this off-season goes to fixing our 0-line. Then go BPA in the draft.

rounds 2/3 are good rounds to pick up interior line this year.. Lots of options

Seattles OL is pretty crappy actually

Banned
    All the good teams actually get rid of the ball. Their olines don't have to do squat. Eli held on to the ball 7th longest in the league, thank God that Killdrive got fired.

I agree with holding the ball to long. It a product of the long developing routes in the system.

Maybe if we get McAdoo from GB he can implement some more quick throws like GB does. They do not have the best OL in the world although it could be light years better than our own (could be a bit of an exaggeration haha). I think we should at least sign 1 OG in F.A and if we have to draft another OG to step in I feel confident that we can get one in the 2-4 round range. Someone like Su'a-filo from UCLA or Gabe Jackson or maybe get lucky and someone like Richardson Baylor, Yankey Stanford, or Martin Norte Dame could fall to us in the 2nd.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    All the good teams actually get rid of the ball. Their olines don't have to do squat. Eli held on to the ball 7th longest in the league, thank God that Killdrive got fired.
    Kind of off topic but I really like the last three picks in your mock. Kirksey is a really good coverage LB. Iowa lines him up vs WR's! Baptiste could be the next Browner but not as physical a player but no PED's lmao, and Johnson is a tough runner although I do think he runs a little upright but regardless he can pound the rock

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Eli has shown in the past that with a decent Oline (remember we had friggin kareem mckenzie) he can be pretty good. I understand people saying drafting a T in round 1 might be extreme bc of Beatty but then we must at least upgrade at Center and at one of the Guard positions. Remember Snee, Diehl, and Baas and maybe Boothe might all be gone..

We need a good QB, and pref more accurate one, and pref one who dosen't fall when a defender is still 4yrds away from them, as Eli knows he has zero chance to escape.. Eli is one of the most inaccurate QB's in football if you ask me, and not to mention, hes Drew Bledsoe esque when it comes to moving around in the pocket. Hes the kinda QB you have to have way to much go right to be successful. Why not just start looking for a better QB, more suited for todays game, then expecting a 33yr old QB coming off 4outta5 non playoff seasons to bounce back?