+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Eli has shown in the past that with a decent Oline (remember we had friggin kareem mckenzie) he can be pretty good. I understand people saying drafting a T in round 1 might be extreme bc of Beatty but then we must at least upgrade at Center and at one of the Guard positions. Remember Snee, Diehl, and Baas and maybe Boothe might all be gone..
    Kareem Mckenzie was one of the best RTs in the league for years.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We need a good QB, and pref more accurate one, and pref one who dosen't fall when a defender is still 4yrds away from them, as Eli knows he has zero chance to escape.. Eli is one of the most inaccurate QB's in football if you ask me, and not to mention, hes Drew Bledsoe esque when it comes to moving around in the pocket. Hes the kinda QB you have to have way to much go right to be successful. Why not just start looking for a better QB, more suited for todays game, then expecting a 33yr old QB coming off 4outta5 non playoff seasons to bounce back?
    Firstly, we have Nassib would be foolish to not at least see what he has this preseason. Secondly, there are so many question marks at QB behind bridgewater and arguably manziel it would be way to risky to draft a blake bortles or derek carr. I agree the Giants should take the Packers route and draft a stud QB and let him sit for 2 years but I think that could wait until 2015/2016 draft and target maybe someone like Brett Hundley.

Two guys that strike me as Jerry Reese picks to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds are Jack Mewhort (OSU) and Zack Martin (ND). For a later pick, I know Seantrel Henderson carries a lot of baggage that to some might outweigh his talent level, but Reese loves taking a flyer on late athletes that he hope can turn into players. Henderson probably doesn't fit the mold for the type of player the Giants are looking for with his personal issues, but don't be shocked if they end up passing on OL early and try and hit the jackpot later with Seantrel.

I would love to land Zack Martin. Imagine him and Pugh anchoring one side of the line for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I would love to land Zack Martin. Imagine him and Pugh anchoring one side of the line for years.
    Yea, I'm a fan too.. Lots of mocks I've seen lately has him going to Seattle at the end of the 1st..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Yea, I'm a fan too.. Lots of mocks I've seen lately has him going to Seattle at the end of the 1st..
    But realistically guards do tend to fall. There will be a good guard in round 2 on the board

Firstly, we have Nassib would be foolish to not at least see what he has this preseason. Secondly, there are so many question marks at QB behind bridgewater and arguably manziel it would be way to risky to draft a blake bortles or derek carr. I agree the Giants should take the Packers route and draft a stud QB and let him sit for 2 years but I think that could wait until 2015/2016 draft and target maybe someone like Brett Hundley.
    Hey , i'm all for seeing what Nassib has, as long as they truely are seeing and not just letting em make one mistake and then Coughlin thinks hes seen enough.. I'm thanfkul that Mara spoke up about jerny and now Nassib, saying he wants to see what hes got this preseason. I wasen't saying we should draft a QB this yr, unless one falls in our lap. To be honest, i'd love to get Jimmy Garopolo from E.Illinois. Thats my pony in the QB show this yr.. I loved Nick Foles when he was coming out and thought he was very underrated and had said he was teh best downfield thrower coming out. I feel Garapolo is very underrated also. If one thing, the last few yrs have taught us, is that the 2nd,3rd,4th rd QB's are back to being real prospects. For awhile, it seemed only the 1st rd QB's were panning out, now you got Colin Kapernick, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, all repping in the postseason this past yr.. So when i say lets look for a QB, i mean, look everywhere and just be more aware that its a possiblity that Elis truley regressing and even if hes not, he could be in a couple yrs, when its time for the new QB to step in.. Now if its Nassib, thats fine, but they best give him a true opp to show his stuff this preseason and he better be the number2 QB going into the season..

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If we were to get Zack Martin in RD2, i'd be very ok with that.. I don't want to go Oline in RD1, and possibly not rd2 either, but Martin is one exception. I love his versatility and what he did for the Irish in the bowl game was some of the best blocking i've seen this season. Also, hes a "Giant" kinda lineman, which i love..

But realistically guards do tend to fall. There will be a good guard in round 2 on the board
    Yup.. Lots of good guard options in round 2.. and Travis Swanson (center) from Arkansas is a good value there also

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    If we were to get Zack Martin in RD2, i'd be very ok with that.. I don't want to go Oline in RD1, and possibly not rd2 either, but Martin is one exception. I love his versatility and what he did for the Irish in the bowl game was some of the best blocking i've seen this season. Also, hes a "Giant" kinda lineman, which i love..
    I'm with you, it depends on how the draft plays out of course, but I hate the thought of a guard in the 1st round. I think in an ideal world we get either Mack or Barr however unlikely it may play out. With all of the receivers declaring we could get a real good one in round two who would be first round caliber, then hopefully land a quality starter for the interior in the third, maybe someone like Richburg?