+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any news on giants resigning own players?

Anyone hear anything about the giants starting negotiations with any of their players...Jpp, ayers, anyone?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    Anyone hear anything about the giants starting negotiations with any of their players...Jpp, ayers, anyone?
    presumably JPP has been told he is going to walk and not to try to handstand walk out either cause that won't go so well, at least this is what i hope, and ayers should be offered a decent contract. Yet, I think the giants are more in a wait and see mode, because this defense will be a 2 or 3 year rebuild, so we will have to go with some less than desirable players for this year at least and they want to see what is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bebil11 View Post
    presumably JPP has been told he is going to walk and not to try to handstand walk out either cause that won't go so well, at least this is what i hope, and ayers should be offered a decent contract. Yet, I think the giants are more in a wait and see mode, because this defense will be a 2 or 3 year rebuild, so we will have to go with some less than desirable players for this year at least and they want to see what is out there.
    Agree on the wating to see with JPP, but I highly doubt the Giants think its' a 2-3 year rebuild. Did anyone ever say that from the team? I don't think anyone in the NFL thinks it takes 2-3 years to buid anypart of the team anymore--except maybe QB. Expecially, when you have a QB in their mid 30's

Yes, they released Schwartz & Beatty, and Beason retired
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Giantterp View Post
    Agree on the wating to see with JPP, but I highly doubt the Giants think its' a 2-3 year rebuild. Did anyone ever say that from the team? I don't think anyone in the NFL thinks it takes 2-3 years to buid anypart of the team anymore--except maybe QB. Expecially, when you have a QB in their mid 30's
    there going to do what they always do is let them hit the market and see what there worth,the last time they had players dependable and good enough to sign before free agency was right before and right after the 07 SB,LOL could you imagine this fan base with 2 or 3 more losing season.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL there down sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    LOL there down sizing.
    Making room
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Hopefully it all ends with " See That Door......", JPP, Prince....why lock in & reward big $$$$ w/ 7-9, 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That was certainly a good start to this offseason

That was certainly a good start to this offseason
    at least necessary.