Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CIVILITY

Hybrid View

Exclamation CIVILITY

We seem to have come to a point where personal attacks, insults, name calling, etc. are the norm on The Boards. That people are upset after a losing season is understandable, but we need to think before we post and stop what is, at best, some very childish communications. Differences of opinions are to be expected, but they are not a reason to resort to calling someone a moron, idiot, not a fan, etc.

Most of us are adults here, at least chronologically. So we ask that you refrain from personal attacks, including name calling, and disrespectful comments.

When you have a problem with another member that you can't resolve through normal discourse, just WALK AWAY. If your goal is to convince everyone you are right, you are in the wrong place. State your opinion(s) and let others do the same in an atmosphere that doesn't turn into a battle of words which inevitably leads to incivility. Debate does not require rancor

We want our members to enjoy their time here, but we are not going to allow the constant barrage of venom that seems to occur far too frequently.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

We hope this is enough said.

All-Pro
    I am a big offender of using mild personal insults sometimes. I do apologize and will keep it off the boards...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am a big offender of using mild personal insults sometimes.
    Yes you are.... This is actually more of a societal problem then ever right now. Grown men doing stupid things on the internet. Facebook, Twitter, ect. Its ridiculous and I feel bad for my future childrens generation. The world is going to be a very dark place. Too bad we cant go back to the days (before my time actually) of wearing suits and dressing up for sporting events. Top hats and such. People behaved so much better. Ok, I am done.

Go Giants.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Yes you are.... This is actually more of a societal problem then ever right now. Grown men doing stupid things on the internet. Facebook, Twitter, ect. Its ridiculous and I feel bad for my future childrens generation. The world is going to be a very dark place. Too bad we cant go back to the days (before my time actually) of wearing suits and dressing up for sporting events. Top hats and such. People behaved so much better. Ok, I am done.

Go Giants.
    Easy Bro.....just a message board with people mildly lashing out. You are bit too cynical IMO. Your children as well as others will adapt to their society. Every generation goes through it. This one is no different. Unlike you, no matter the current state of things, there is still more good in the world then bad.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Easy Bro.....just a message board with people mildly lashing out. You are bit too cynical IMO. Your children as well as others will adapt to their society. Every generation goes through it. This one is no different. Unlike you, no matter the current state of things, there is still more good in the world then bad.
    *cries* that...that was beautiful *sobs*
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    *cries* that...that was beautiful *sobs*
    thank you.....
    thank you very much

Veteran
    You are bit too cynical IMO
    Yikes! Somewhat of an attack right there...no? You won't like this, but as soon as I read this thread I thought about you..and lo and behold you posted right behind it. Kudos, however, for owning up to it.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Yikes! Somewhat of an attack right there...no? You won't like this, but as soon as I read this thread I thought about you..and lo and behold you posted right behind it. Kudos, however, for owning up to it.
    nah...not an attack at all. Its an observation. I am only harsh to a select few.

:-) Ignorance is bliss. We don't know 90% of the worlds problems.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    :-) Ignorance is bliss. We don't know 90% of the worlds problems.
    I am very "bliss" I guess then.

If we don't know 90% of the worlds problems then how do we know they are there Grasshopper.....