Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CIVILITY

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I have alot of forgiveness in me.
    How can you go wrong then??
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How can you go wrong then??
    When you get to 100,000 posts, do you become the next owner for the Giants?
    Finalized Divorced from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    They just rescinded Jakk's ban... don't get your hopes up...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    When you get to 100,000 posts, do you become the next owner for the Giants?
    They are already reupholstering my chair in the suite
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Can we all agree that when a poster directly accuses another of being a "troll" they should be immediately banned for a week?
    Can't anyone just make a football argument for God's sake?
    didnt you come up with, and label me and others as "cultists" for years? just saying, you quoted ghandi in your sig. well, maybe you know of one of his infamous quotes: Be the change you want to see in the world.

if we're having an honest discussion on civility, maybe we should try to follow the NFL this past year where they made it a point to flag the player who INSTIGATED a response from another player for the personal foul, and not the player who was baited into confrontation. maybe it isn't the use of the word troll we should worry about, maybe its the actions that cause a person to think a person is a troll. which, imo, would be a person belittling another calling them cultists, or discussing them in threads they didnt even post in as "eli's wife" or the incessant attempts at trying to get a clique to gang up on a specific poster for the heinous crime of having a differing opinion or the myriad of other things that, for me personally, i felt instigated me into confrontation. i never understood how i was getting infractions for defending myself when a poster CLEARLY has an issue with me and was going out of their way to belittle me. just recently, there was a thread i hadnt even posted in for days, when I went to check back in the thread, lo and behold, 3 or 4 (of the same repeat offenders) posters were all ripping me and insulting me. i reacted, and it was me who got an infraction.

i am not trying to be rude or disrespectful. im trying to be genuine here. i know i catch myself, more often than i'd like recently, having to edit a post or stop myself from posting a rant when i've been insulted and belittled. i genuinely try to be nice to everyone on here, but after maybe a couple years of the same type of insulting, i've become more cynical, i dunno. i agree i wish the "cultist/homer/troll" stuff would cease and desist.

edit- another big red flag, imo, is when posters try claiming another isn't a NYG fan but an Eli fan, or along those lines, for holding a differing opinion even if it is over the top.
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 01-30-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Closed Thread