+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playoffs and Officiating

Playoffs and Officiating

I will never understand how teams are forced to play one set of rules for 16 games and then the playoffs start and the entire way the game is officiated changes, mainly the total disregard of the rules when it comes to defensive backs.
    All of a sudden they can grab, hold, hang over them like a cheap suit, hit them all the way down the field and get there early on passes, but it's called letting them play.
    Fine, if that's the way they are going to play it should be that way from week 1.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    I will never understand how teams are forced to play one set of rules for 16 games and then the playoffs start and the entire way the game is officiated changes, mainly the total disregard of the rules when it comes to defensive backs.
    All of a sudden they can grab, hold, hang over them like a cheap suit, hit them all the way down the field and get there early on passes, but it's called letting them play.
    Fine, if that's the way they are going to play it should be that way from week 1.

+1000

then again I watched the 49ers and Panther game head butt called on Panthers head butt on 49ers not called right in front of the ref.

12 men in the huddle on 49ers not called.

Just makes me wonder what is said to the refs before the games.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

thats what i like about jerome bogers crew, you always know there gonna let em play the game. last superbowl was great because they let the physical stuff go.
    "OMAHA"

-old Manning family proverb

Quote Originally Posted by amukamerica View Post
    thats what i like about jerome bogers crew, you always know there gonna let em play the game. last superbowl was great because they let the physical stuff go.
    As the OP said it should be the same all year not just change it for playoffs.Usuall crap from NFL
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

it's amazing that they let calls go and then have BS call on Mitchell to keep drive going

You can't let game be physical on one hand and then touch football on other

I just want to know how Jeff Triplette finagled his way into getting a playoff game. ****ing terrible. Leavy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    +1000

then again I watched the 49ers and Panther game head butt called on Panthers head butt on 49ers not called right in front of the ref.

12 men in the huddle on 49ers not called.

Just makes me wonder what is said to the refs before the games.
    The NFL is slightly fixed. You think they want the Panthers in the Superbowl? No. They got EXACTLY what they wanted. Peyton vs Brady and Kaep vs Wilson (49ers vs Seahawks). $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. Any notice of the Pats Colts game? The refs were so leaning towards the Pats it was disgusting. Luck got laid out late, 3 steps after he threw the ball, and there was no call. A Colts DL farted near Brady and was ejected.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

+ Reply to Thread